Summer sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer sausage

Just finished eating our first tube of the summer sausage i made {my first attempt to make it}. I used LEM Backwoods brand of seasoning mix and since my smoker was at my parents, i simply cooked it in the oven for an hour or so until i got the internal temp done {I think the package called for 162 degrees, but cant remember for sure}. I was extremely pleased with the flavor. my wife hates peppercorns {i love them} and since this mix has none, she liked it as well. I made 25lbs so i should have some for a while. it wont be the last I make, that's for sure. Woody

I love good summer sausage. Will have to give this a try. But I get to add the peppercorns!

Comment

How'd you make it?

Comment

I have a gas smoker. Whatelse do you need?

Comment

I just made 25# of the same stuff, but threw in 2# of lems high temp cheddar cheese and about 4 ounces of dried jalepenos. smoked it in a gas smoker with mesuite and hickory chips till done. Its as good or better than any ive ever had.

Comment

DUDE that sounds freeking awesome! im hungry now! lol looks like im gettin bbq for lunch today

Comment

Working...
            X