Has anyone hunted New Zealand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone hunted New Zealand?

My wife and I are planning a trip to New Zealand in 2023 and are wanting a guided Red stag and Fallow hunt. Have any of yall used a guide there that got the job done and didn't completely break the bank. I have looked at Spey Creek and have been talking with them, but want other options. Thanks for any input.

I went with Wilderness Quest, it was fantastic.
    Here is my thread.

New Zealand Hunt Bound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use 4 Seasons, you can not go wrong with Shane and Sam.There you go as your own group and not mixed with others.

Comment

Go to the Houston Safari club convention this Friday to Sunday, 4 Seasons safaris will be in booth 305 (along with my mounts from last years safari with them)

Comment

Yep.....dozens of options. U wont be disappointed and my wife enjoyed the trip.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

A good friend of mine and his dad hunted with Spey Creek and loved it. I've chatted with them a couple times. I was between Wilderness Quest and Avon Safaris. We'll be booking with Avon, really liked them and what they have to offer. Will be bringing my wife (non-hunter) so its important to me to have a great experience for her as well.

Comment

I used Kiwi safari and had a great hunt. Having said that, I believe all the guys that were there when I hunted are gone.

Comment

I went with Kiwi Safaris and had an amazing time. My wife (non hunter) has no complaints with the lodging and the cooking.

I recommend them for anyone wanting to go.

Comment

I just talked to my cousin on Saturday and he showed me pics of his stag from NZ last year...absolute stud! I'll see if I can get ahold of him and find out who he used. I do know they'll be at the show this weekend tho. He was hoping the outfitter would have his mount ready and bring it with them to Houston, but no such luck

Comment

I also hunted with kiwi safaris and it was fantastic. Colin was our guide and he ran the hunting operation. I believe it was rebranded as Rangiatata or something like that. If Colin is still around it will be good! I know a lot of bowhunters have gone with Wildside Outfitters. It’s recommended by bsc.

Comment

Wanganui Safaris - New Zealand's finest free range hunting safari company offering the world's best Red Stag, Tahr and Chamois Hunting.

This is who I used. Hunt the north island. It will be a more unique experience.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Shaun Allison with Exclusive Adventures. Great guy and outfitter. My wife and girls went on fun guided trips around the area while my son and I hunted. Do the Tahr hunt as well. Complete blast.

Comment

Friend here at work uses Four Seasons Safari and will be at the safari show this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I am booked with Alpine (https://www.alpinehunting.com) for 3/2021. Called multiple references and spoke to them at the DSC event. Seemed like very good people. I'll let you know how it goes....

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                              https://www.wsafaris.com/

This is who I used. Hunt the north island. It will be a more unique experience.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I also hunted with Wanganui Safaris last year. Had a great trip! Good guides, good food, friendly staff, fallow everywhere and some big stag!

I'd also recommend going to the Houston Safari Club show this weekend, or wait and go to DSC next year and talk to several of them and see who seems like the best fit for what you are wanting to do.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X