No announcement yet.

Anyone else hunt out of a saddle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered a TETHRD saddle system about a week ago! Can’t wait to give it a try!

Comment

I really like the idea of saddle hunting but, are there options for "heftier" fellas? By "heftier" I mean, fellas weighing in around 325+? I would love to do this but I also like breathing sooo, any guidance is appreciated!!

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
        I really like the idea of saddle hunting but, are there options for "heftier" fellas? By "heftier" I mean, fellas weighing in around 325+? I would love to do this but I also like breathing sooo, any guidance is appreciated!!

I believe they have some guys in that size range in both aerohunters, and tethrd mantis’s. WIRED to Hunt recently had a very in depth podcast with the Tethrd crew that covered some of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A few more videos that have come out over the last year.

Comment

Just picked up a mantis off of saddle hunter classifieds. Going to check out LBJ/Caddo and see if I can find a tree to hang out of. Going to be my first year bowhunting and I’ll be learning the ropes with a saddle as well. This should be interesting and possibly entertaining.

Comment

Figured I’d update this thread with my public land saddle buck I took on Monday. This spot would have never been possible without a saddle. The only trees
              that worked for this setup was a gnarly, twisted up oak tree. I had to twist almost 180 degrees around the tree as I climbed due to the complex angles.

^^^ as you can see, this tree is definitely less than ideal. But, there was literally no other tree that would allow the setup to work properly so that’s where it had to be. My scouting showed this spot to be buck after buck cruising for does through this punch point.

This guy came cruising in on my first sit in the location. My intention with the setup was to have been able to take the shot with the buck in the field of view of the trail cam, but he was moving too fast and my pin wasn’t quite settled. Instead, I shot him less than 20 seconds after this video ends.

I wholly credit this kill to my use of the saddle.... I would have never attempted to sit a tree in this spot, and without the elevation my wind would have swirled and busted me. It’s just how this terrain piece works.

Comment

I have not used one but they look interesting.

Comment

IkemanTX, I'm still using an old TreeSuit if you know what that is. I have had it about 15 years or more and have just started using it again this year.
                  Grits

Comment

Originally posted by Grits View Post
                    IkemanTX, I'm still using an old TreeSuit if you know what that is. I have had it about 15 years or more and have just started using it again this year.
                    Grits

I know exactly what that is!
                    That’s kicking it old school!

Comment

My saddle is delivering tomorrow. After I make my new bridge, tether and lineman rope I will post a meetup and learning session for all of us newbies.

Justin

Comment

Austin area meet and greet at Granger Lake January 25th.
                        Talk smack, learn, practice, socialize and hunt.

Comment

Anyone else hunt out of a saddle?

Took this buck from my Aero Hunter Kestrel Flex. First time in that particular tree

Comment

Dang!! Toad!!

Comment

Nice deer

Comment

Originally posted by ecfire1967 View Post
                                Took this buck from my Aero Hunter Kestrel Flex. First time in that particular tree

@ecfire1967
                                That is a STUD!

Comment

Working...
                                X