We Bought a Home and Property - “Tres Hijas!”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We Bought a Home and Property - “Tres Hijas!”

No pictures yet, but they also changed the configuration of the master bath, closet and what used to be the utility room and pantry on the opposite side of the kitchen.

Not much progress was made this week, but the contractor assured us the electrician will be there Monday to wire the new spaces, do plumbing for the new bathroom configuration and plumb gas to replace the 30” electric range with 36” propane. We are also doing a substantial kitchen remodel, which I will try to document as we progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

There are also a couple of “out buildings) that will be very beneficial, including a 24x24 shed that will be my office/video studio...

A carport for Ranger, utility trailer and Hoss...

And an 18’ RV port with hookups for friends that visit!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Super cool pad Michael. I hope you keep the wood burning stove. Congratulations to you and the Mrs.

Comment

Congrats, Jefe!

Comment

Congrats to the Middleton family! Awesome stuff!

Comment

Congrats on what looks like some beautiful land. In for the progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                Super cool pad Michael. I hope you keep the wood burning stove. Congratulations to you and the Mrs.

We debated whether we wanted to move or remove the WB stove, because we’d have to move the pipe (apparently they don’t like to elbow it). We decided it’ll be worth the effort to move it and keep it in the new corner of the LR.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  We debated whether we wanted to move or remove the WB stove, because we’d have to move the pipe (apparently they don’t like to elbow it). We decided it’ll be worth the effort to move it and keep it in the new corner of the LR.

Michael, if the vent on the wood stove was an issue. Let me ask, is the stove to be used to heating the home?
                  I know Barndos are super efficient.
                  If it is to be used to heat, I would recommend a pellet stove. It needs a very small vent 2" that can be put into a elbow and does not have the ash, dust and all the work cutting and splitting, stacking, hauling wood brings. Fill the hopper up and leave it alone. Wood stoves for heat, depending on size, every 4-6 hours have to add more wood and the dust factor. Pellet stoves create very very little ash.
                  Just a thought.

Comment

Looks like your on a great track with a very nice place. Congratulations.

Gary

Comment

Very cool man. Seeing more of you all getting your own slice and I am definitely envious.

I have been trying to find something for some time now, around 10 years. Seems like when the stars align for me to pull the trigger, something always comes up to change my stars.

Congrats to you sir.

J

Comment

Congrats! looks like Santa came early for you guys .

K-Man

Comment

Pretty place. Congrats

Comment

Congrats on the new place. Changes are looking good.

Comment

yee ha, congrats, the place looks awesome and renovations look awesomer

Comment

Congrats! Love the Barndominium!

Comment

Working...
                                X