X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Ruger 223. 150 yds.
    Attached Files

Comment

I bought a rem 700 sps youth .243 11 years ago. I sighted it in 11 years ago with a Nikon Buckmaster 3x9x40... have never had to adjust scope and I cant even count the number of kills!

My son moved up to a TC Compass 6.5 with a vortex (think I got this gun/scope combo for under 200.00 new after rebate two years ago) and it shoots extremely strait

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
        Youth Ruger 223. 150 yds.
        Man that's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
          This one is 1-8 twist. Mine shoots 80 gr well. But the 68's will let you load the magazine.

https://www.ruger.com/products/ameri...eets/6965.html
          Thanks 80 grains should be perfect I'm thinking. What ammo do you use?

Comment

Took a gal hunting about a month ago, and she had a Rem. 783 .243 that came as a rifle/scope combo package. She took off the scope it came with and replaced it with a Vortex.

I was greatly surprised when we put it on the bench and she shot before we went to the stand to hunt. She put three rounds all within .75 MOA at 100 yards. I was impressed.

Comment

My boy had a TC Venture compact in 243 (selling it here on TBH) that was lights out. Good trigger, 5r rifling, it impressed me for a $400 rifle.

If he hadn’t “adopted” my Mauser M12 he’d still be using it.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post

A tipped Hornady bullet. Have to look at notes for exact bullet and powder/wt. info. I will look into velocity and groups and update.

You can only load one in the magazine, with the bullet seated at book depth, making the rifle a single shot.

Comment

Started my older son off shooting with an AR so I could get the correct LOP and teach him proper head position and trigger control. His first hunting rifle was a Tikka in 7-08. I cut down one of their Tupperware stocks and filled it with bondo. Put a slip on limb saver pad and we were in business. He used that from the time he was six until now (he is now 9). He’s hunting with a Cooper in 6.5-284 now (I mean right now....lol)

Here’s the tikka that I cut down:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Browning micro midas in 7mm08. It works.

Comment

Mossberg ATR 100 is very hard to beat. Very accurate

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                        It will shoot a 77 Nosler into very small groups with Varget loaded to mag length. The 77 Sierra's need a bit more twist, we settled with the 64 grain Winchester Power Point it is a deer killing fool.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                          Ruger American . It shoots as good as you can shoot. I shoot a Browning ABolt and I love my sons little gun. We got it in the .243 and shoot 100gr Remington PSP bullets . I tell ya it’s a tack driver.
                          Yep. Threads all over this forum of how well those things shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                            A tipped Hornady bullet. Have to look at notes for exact bullet and powder/wt. info. I will look into velocity and groups and update.

You can only load one in the magazine, with the bullet seated at book depth, making the rifle a single shot.
                            Hornady 80 gr. AMAX with 22.0 gr. Benchmark, and (avg 2510 fps)
                            Amax 75 gr. with 22.5 gr. H335. (avg 2540 fps)

Neither one of these loads is max (I think, need to look at books).
                            Both shot pretty well, still working to find the best load. Hoping BL-2C does well, I nave a lot of it.

I also have about 500, 64 gr. bonded soft point bullets that I need to work up. I think they would make an acceptable deer round. And they work in the magazine.

Comment

Working...
                            X