X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    So how does that work?
    Watch this
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDKaGxxf1E0"]Keto and Cholesterol - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
      Wrong
      There are hyper-responders out there who see a large rise in LDL-C, but also get a rise in HDL and a lowering of triglycerides (both of the latter are good). Particle count still matters more than the LDL-C though. I’ve read that these people do much better with their LDL by substituting saturated fats for monounsaturated fats, but I’m not well versed enough on lipidology to understand why this is the case. As a rule of thumb, stick to saturated and monounsaturated fats. You’ll get enough of the polyunsaturated fats through the consumption of nuts. Avoid seed/vegetable oils like the plague. Supplement with a good quality EPA/DHA (essential omega 3’s). Unless you’re eating salmon 2-3 times a week, you’re likely deficient in both and they’ve been shown to drive down LDL.
      Last edited by TwoHighways; 12-20-2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Check out Thomas DeLaur on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
          There are hyper-responders out there who see a large rise in LDL-C, but also get a rise in HDL and a lowering of triglycerides (both of the latter are good). Particle count still matters more than the LDL-C though. I’ve read that these people do much better with their LDL by substituting saturated fats for monounsaturated fats, but I’m not well versed enough on lipidology to understand why this is the case. As a rule of thumb, stick to saturated and monounsaturated fats. You’ll get enough of the polyunsaturated fats through the consumption of nuts. Avoid seed/vegetable oils like the plague. Supplement with a good quality EPA/DHA (essential omega 3’s). Unless you’re eating salmon 2-3 times a week, you’re likely deficient in both and they’ve been shown to drive down LDL.
          Engrish please. I’m trying to learn. Lol

Comment

Before I started on a Keto diet I would do a lot of research into the pros and cons.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              Engrish please. I’m trying to learn. Lol
              There’s no way to get a meaningful appreciation for the subject without diving right into it. I’m still not well versed and find myself coming back to this series of articles all the time.

Comment

I'm not smart enough to explain it but expect your cholesterol numbers to go up in the beginning then go down. Do some research into how the body uses and needs cholesterol, that way you won't doubt yourself and what your doing when everyone around you freaks!

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Is there a Keto beer?

Comment

Jack Daniels is keto friendly!

Comment

Yes, Ultra or Corona Premier

Comment

I went on a not quite Keto diet right after Thanksgiving. I felt like crap for a week or two. Now it's much better. I've lost at least 7 lbs. I'm try to keep my net carbs between 30-50. So far so good.

Comment

Everyone I know who has done the Keto diet, atkins, paleo, weight watchers (wife included). Has gone right back to where they used to be after stopping. You have to make a lifestyle change.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                              It’s not difficult. Eggs, cheese, MCT oil for breakfast if you’ve gotta have breakfast. Skip lunch. Dinner is a huge salad (I prefer spring mix for the variety of greens), a sliced avocado, jalepeno ranch (sour cream, jalepeno, cilantro, lime juice, ranch dressing seasoning packet), cheese, a handful of cherry tomatoes, and a protein source cooked in coconut oil (limit meat to eight ounces). Snack on nuts or kerrygold butter (this stuff is incredibly delicious) if you get hungry during the day. Rinse and repeat.

Dietdoctor is a great resource, particularly for the podcast if you’re actually into science.
                              You snack on butter??

Comment

Originally posted by sling shot View Post
                                Check out Thomas DeLaur on youtube.
                                This for sure. Also, 2 Fit Docs.

Comment

Working...
                                X