No announcement yet.

Bino question/poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a guy on here last week that said something that makes a lot of sense to me. If you hunt in big open country and Glass for hours on end then that's when you can really tell the difference between the expensive ones and the cheaper ones. Because your eyes don't get as tired. I own 2 pairs of the swo. and they are great and all. But I've looked out of the middle of the road binoculars and I can't tell 2000 dollars worth of difference but I look cool.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Maven....

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        There was a guy on here last week that said something that makes a lot of sense to me. If you hunt in big open country and Glass for hours on end then that's when you can really tell the difference between the expensive ones and the cheaper ones. Because your eyes don't get as tired. I own 2 pairs of the swo. and they are great and all. But I've looked out of the middle of the road binoculars and I can't tell 2000 dollars worth of difference but I look cool.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
        Ive elk hunted where a buddy and me swapped binos for a day to compare. His were Vortex Razors and mine the Swaro EL. After a few hours glassing the Razors gave me a headache. Great glass takes more strain away than you realize. After the hunt he sold those and bought Swarovskis

I would not buy them to sit in a deer blind only

Comment

Zeiss Victory SFs

Had some els prior to these but these fit my eyes just a little better.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Leupold BX-3 Mojave

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Ive elk hunted where a buddy and me swapped binos for a day to compare. His were Vortex Razors and mine the Swaro EL. After a few hours glassing the Razors gave me a headache. Great glass takes more strain away than you realize. After the hunt he sold those and bought Swarovskis

X2

Comment

Leicia ultra vid hd 12x50
                I use binos multiple days a week and need to see the best I can at times so I bought the best I could find that weren’t the price of a car.

Comment

I've got an old set of Nikon 10x40s that I've had for 30 years.

Comment

I recently upgraded to Zeiss Victory HT 10x42s. The extra 15-20 minutes before dawn and after dusk is pretty nice. Whether that's worth the extra money is up to the beholder. But it's nice.

Comment

Vortex Viper 12X50s. That was about as much as I was willing to pay. They're not Swaros but I'm happy with them.

Comment

Swaro 8x32 EL.

Until you own high end glass, you don’t realize what you are missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Zeiss Victory FL 10x32. Been using these for almost 20 years with absolutely no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

Similar thing happened on my elk hunt this year, buddy had upper end Swaro and I had my tried and true Nikons both in 10x42. He was constantly finding elk I hadn’t seen, finally on the 3rd day we were glassing and he spotted a bull and a cow bedded on the ridge, I couldn’t find them, he gave me directions and I couldn’t find them, he gave me his glass and I found them on first sweep of the area.

That said another guy on the hunt had Meopta glass, their glass is supposed to be from same supplier as Swaro but who knows. Anyway, I couldn’t tell any difference between the Swaro and Meopta so I had a new pair of Meopta on my desk by the time I got home from the hunt at 1/2 the cost of Swaro

Comment

For binos my wife and I run Swarovski.

My daughter chose Zeiss glass.

For range finders I run Swarovski while the mrs uses Leicas.

For spotting scopes we have a couple of Swarovski 20x60x80 HD's

Have various Swarovski's on top of several rifles.

The green stuff from Austria is decent.

Comment

After Lasik eye surgery binos honestly don't help me spot anything, after I spot something they help get a better look at it. Last 2 pair I bought were Leupold bx2 acadias on sale at cabelas for around $150-$160 last year and this year

Comment

Working...
                                X