The 2020 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
    Absolutely. I hope my post didn't come off to sound like I meant they did anything intentional. The guys at APR were doing everything in there power to get the rifles out as fast as they could. I absolute love my 2019 build and if I don't have so many irons in the fire I would be all over this one as well.
    I didn’t take it that way. Just wouldn’t want anyone to think that they did.

Comment

Thanks for all you do for TBH, I can imagine your daily job can get exhausting with all the opinions!

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
      My goal is to have this thing decided by the end of this week. I think we have it nailed down to 3 possibilities so far based on all the comments. I may start a new thread with pics tomorrow, so we can start the vote with a clean slate.

Comment

My goal is to have this thing decided by the end of this week. I think we have it nailed down to 3 possibilities so far based on all the comments. I may start a new thread with pics tomorrow, so we can start the vote with a clean slate.
        Appreciate the update sir!

Comment

Thank you sir! Really interested in picking one up!

Comment

Am I the only one thinking and waiting on the post? Can’t stop checking for more info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
              Am I the only one thinking and waiting on the post? Can’t stop checking for more info

I keep checking back also.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post

I feel like I'm checking it every 15 mins!

Comment

Definitely not the only one. I missed last years. Dont want to miss this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian77429 View Post
                    Definitely not the only one. I missed last years. Dont want to miss this one.

Better check the other thread as final vote is on!

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                      I really like my short 7mm-08 from last build. I'd like another short lightweight. Something similar to this: 6.5 Creed or 7mm-08, Defiance Deviant Ultralight action, 20" Proof Research Lite Sendero CF barrel, AG composites Privateer stock, Trigger Tech trigger.
                      This gets my vote. I love my 6.5 PRC from last years build. If something similar to this was offered I would be in like Flynn. Anything ultralight and short action. I walk a bunch and this would be a great option.

Comment

As of now, the plan is defiance. Have been feeling the pressure to bring back the 700 builds from several directions here lately I'd do it in a heartbeat if the primary extraction issue ever gets completely resolved. I don't mind spending an hour or 2 truing them so much. But when you go through all of that and then have to re-attach and re-time the bolt handle too, custom actions start looking pretty cheap. We ate a bunch of that work without passing on the costs for a long time. That's why our 700 builds are now only on customer supplied actions(except the old stock thats still out there).

You just gave me an idea, though. We could still do a group deal on customer supplied actions if there was enough interest. We have quite a few Grayboes left in inventory from the last generation of Ranger/Mavericks. Could probably put together a smoking deal on customer supplied 700 action builds after this year's TBH special closes out. Could probably even knock them out while we are waiting on delivery of the 2020 parts. We pretty much have everything on hand already. Hmmmmm............
                        Still very interested in the possibility of getting a couple 700 actions worked up.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                          Still very interested in the possibility of getting a couple 700 actions worked up.

X2.

Comment

As of now, the plan is defiance. Have been feeling the pressure to bring back the 700 builds from several directions here lately I'd do it in a heartbeat if the primary extraction issue ever gets completely resolved. I don't mind spending an hour or 2 truing them so much. But when you go through all of that and then have to re-attach and re-time the bolt handle too, custom actions start looking pretty cheap. We ate a bunch of that work without passing on the costs for a long time. That's why our 700 builds are now only on customer supplied actions(except the old stock thats still out there).

You just gave me an idea, though. We could still do a group deal on customer supplied actions if there was enough interest. We have quite a few Grayboes left in inventory from the last generation of Ranger/Mavericks. Could probably put together a smoking deal on customer supplied 700 action builds after this year's TBH special closes out. Could probably even knock them out while we are waiting on delivery of the 2020 parts. We pretty much have everything on hand already. Hmmmmm............
                            So... I'm all about the 2020 TBH/APR group build, and I think it may be the best yet, but I also haven't forgotten about this stellar idea and I do have my new stainless 700 short action in hand as I patiently wait to see what evolves with this.

Comment

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Stick1 View Post

So... I'm all about the 2020 TBH/APR group build, and I think it may be the best yet, but I also haven't forgotten about this stellar idea and I do have my new stainless 700 short action in hand as I patiently

Just have them work up a quote for you. Don’t have to wait
                              For anything.

Comment

Just have them work up a quote for you. Don’t have to wait
                                For anything.[/QUOTE]

I know this is always a possibility, but I believe we may get a little break on the price by doing this as a group. I'm sure there are at least a few guys that would like to have an old 700 action worked up in addition to this years lightweight carbon build.

I'm all for "helping" Robert get rid of his old stock of Grayboes to turn my old dust collector rifles into something I'd tote to the woods again.
                                Last edited by bloodtrail18; 12-31-2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X