Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)

Old 12-17-2019, 12:03 PM   #651
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
Am I the only one thinking and waiting on the post? Canít stop checking for more info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep checking back also.

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-17-2019, 01:43 PM   #652
BJ DUPLECHAIN
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wood Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
Am I the only one thinking and waiting on the post? Canít stop checking for more info

I feel like I'm checking it every 15 mins!
BJ DUPLECHAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-17-2019, 02:59 PM   #653
Brian77429
Four Point

Hunt In: Vanderpool, Texas

Definitely not the only one. I missed last years. Dont want to miss this one.
Brian77429 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2019, 10:29 PM   #654
bmac
Ten Point

Hunt In: Robertson Co. & TPWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian77429 View Post
Definitely not the only one. I missed last years. Dont want to miss this one.

Better check the other thread as final vote is on!

bmac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2019, 06:32 PM   #655
OKFF610
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Fields View Post
I really like my short 7mm-08 from last build. I'd like another short lightweight. Something similar to this: 6.5 Creed or 7mm-08, Defiance Deviant Ultralight action, 20" Proof Research Lite Sendero CF barrel, AG composites Privateer stock, Trigger Tech trigger.
This gets my vote. I love my 6.5 PRC from last years build. If something similar to this was offered I would be in like Flynn. Anything ultralight and short action. I walk a bunch and this would be a great option.
OKFF610 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2019, 08:23 PM   #656
bloodtrail18
Eight Point

Hunt In: Uvalde, Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick1 View Post
As of now, the plan is defiance. Have been feeling the pressure to bring back the 700 builds from several directions here lately I'd do it in a heartbeat if the primary extraction issue ever gets completely resolved. I don't mind spending an hour or 2 truing them so much. But when you go through all of that and then have to re-attach and re-time the bolt handle too, custom actions start looking pretty cheap. We ate a bunch of that work without passing on the costs for a long time. That's why our 700 builds are now only on customer supplied actions(except the old stock thats still out there).

You just gave me an idea, though. We could still do a group deal on customer supplied actions if there was enough interest. We have quite a few Grayboes left in inventory from the last generation of Ranger/Mavericks. Could probably put together a smoking deal on customer supplied 700 action builds after this year's TBH special closes out. Could probably even knock them out while we are waiting on delivery of the 2020 parts. We pretty much have everything on hand already. Hmmmmm............
Still very interested in the possibility of getting a couple 700 actions worked up.
bloodtrail18 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-28-2019, 12:22 PM   #657
Raider4044
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nolan County

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
Still very interested in the possibility of getting a couple 700 actions worked up.

X2.

Raider4044 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2019, 06:39 PM   #658
jeffpg
Ten Point

Hunt In: All of USA & Africa

Quote:
As of now, the plan is defiance. Have been feeling the pressure to bring back the 700 builds from several directions here lately I'd do it in a heartbeat if the primary extraction issue ever gets completely resolved. I don't mind spending an hour or 2 truing them so much. But when you go through all of that and then have to re-attach and re-time the bolt handle too, custom actions start looking pretty cheap. We ate a bunch of that work without passing on the costs for a long time. That's why our 700 builds are now only on customer supplied actions(except the old stock thats still out there).

You just gave me an idea, though. We could still do a group deal on customer supplied actions if there was enough interest. We have quite a few Grayboes left in inventory from the last generation of Ranger/Mavericks. Could probably put together a smoking deal on customer supplied 700 action builds after this year's TBH special closes out. Could probably even knock them out while we are waiting on delivery of the 2020 parts. We pretty much have everything on hand already. Hmmmmm............
So... I'm all about the 2020 TBH/APR group build, and I think it may be the best yet, but I also haven't forgotten about this stellar idea and I do have my new stainless 700 short action in hand as I patiently wait to see what evolves with this.
jeffpg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2019, 08:32 PM   #659
raiderholic
Four Point

Hunt In: WEST AND SOUTH TX

Quote:

So... I'm all about the 2020 TBH/APR group build, and I think it may be the best yet, but I also haven't forgotten about this stellar idea and I do have my new stainless 700 short action in hand as I patiently

Just have them work up a quote for you. Donít have to wait
For anything.
raiderholic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2019, 08:53 PM   #660
bloodtrail18
Eight Point

Hunt In: Uvalde, Tx

Just have them work up a quote for you. Don’t have to wait
For anything.[/QUOTE]

I know this is always a possibility, but I believe we may get a little break on the price by doing this as a group. I'm sure there are at least a few guys that would like to have an old 700 action worked up in addition to this years lightweight carbon build.

I'm all for "helping" Robert get rid of his old stock of Grayboes to turn my old dust collector rifles into something I'd tote to the woods again.

Last edited by bloodtrail18; 12-31-2019 at 08:57 PM.
bloodtrail18 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-01-2020, 10:20 PM   #661
kck
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fayette, Colorado and Maverick County

Robert, I’ve got a bottle of Crown, a TIG welder and some needle nose vise-grips if you want to start resetting bolt handles...oh wait, Dan at accu-TIG is still a 2 day turn...never mind Custom actions are too cheap to not use. By the time you make one over ALL the way you’ll have sunk a pretty penny (including bolt body and firing pin and spring upgrade) plus timing the handle unless you go with a one piece bolt Then you’ll need to machine the raceways as well. I don’t mind giving a Remington a makeover (or at least as much as you can give one) but, IMHOP, it’s still a Remington action. If it doesn’t hold sentimental value, leave it alone and buy a custom action if at all possible. Do you’ve to do all that? No, but if I guess it all depends on how close you want a Remington to be to a custom action.
kck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2020, 04:57 PM   #662
Stick1
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hardeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kck View Post
Robert, Iíve got a bottle of Crown, a TIG welder and some needle nose vise-grips if you want to start resetting bolt handles...oh wait, Dan at accu-TIG is still a 2 day turn...never mind Custom actions are too cheap to not use. By the time you make one over ALL the way youíll have sunk a pretty penny (including bolt body and firing pin and spring upgrade) plus timing the handle unless you go with a one piece bolt Then youíll need to machine the raceways as well. I donít mind giving a Remington a makeover (or at least as much as you can give one) but, IMHOP, itís still a Remington action. If it doesnít hold sentimental value, leave it alone and buy a custom action if at all possible. Do youíve to do all that? No, but if I guess it all depends on how close you want a Remington to be to a custom action.
My TIG skills aren't up to that even without the Crown! Haha.
Stick1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-05-2020, 10:49 PM   #663
KoonceCrushed
Four Point

Hunt In: Virginia, Maryland, Texas

Missed last yr, in for this yr!
KoonceCrushed is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-06-2020, 12:34 PM   #664
outlook8
Ten Point

Hunt In: TX

Interested in the final numbers, very happy it’s going to be a lightweight hunter.
outlook8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2020, 10:09 AM   #665
IbexRanch
Spike

Hunt In: Centerville/LLano

Last year's build was unbelievable
IbexRanch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top