X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to you!!

Comment

Congratulations!

I've never had an issue with alcohol ruling my life and I never did drugs but I sure know some folks who have and they didn't have the courage and want to stop as you do.

Most of those folks are dead now and a few have one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel.

Keep it up!

Comment

Proud of you. Keep it up!!!

Comment

Congratulations!

Welcome to the Clique!

Comment

Congrats brother! 5/25/11 here. As Blake mentioned above, you’ve made the best decision of your life. Mine was more a Godly intervention than it was decision honestly!
            I would recommend if you don’t know Jesus, you should make that leap, and ask a few questions (inbox open). Very few have made this a permanent lifestyle change without the higher power being THE HIGHEST POWER. I’m honestly so happy for you! You will quickly realize that drinking has nothing to do with WHO you are. You will still enjoy the same things even without the drink. Often times you’ll find it more enjoyable. Well congrats again!

Comment

Have had several friends that have made the commitment you have, its tough and hang in there. Good luck on your deer season

Comment

That's awesome man! Congrats and hang in there! You can do it!

Comment

Congratulation to you. Keep it up.

Comment

Praise the Lord and congrats to you OP and all of the others fighting addiction! May the Lord bless you folks with the strength to fight the urge.

Comment

Good on you for making the effort to get help. Stay strong and you will conquer it.

Best of luck.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Congrats to you! About 18 years ago I put myself through my own detox program to rid my life of meth and heroin, and while it was not easy I won that battle. Since then I have gone in and out of issues with drinking and while most of the time I am well in control of it, the few times that I am not I have considered ridding my life of it as well. Like others have said, none of this is possible without the power of the lord and a praying mother in my case. I know the lord has a purpose for me because I should be dead or in prison, but he keeps fighting for me and pursuing me. My heart breaks for people that struggle with addiction but I know a God that is greater and can break the curse.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                          Congrats brother! 5/25/11 here. As Blake mentioned above, you’ve made the best decision of your life. Mine was more a Godly intervention than it was decision honestly!
                          I would recommend if you don’t know Jesus, you should make that leap, and ask a few questions (inbox open). Very few have made this a permanent lifestyle change without the higher power being THE HIGHEST POWER. I’m honestly so happy for you! You will quickly realize that drinking has nothing to do with WHO you are. You will still enjoy the same things even without the drink. Often times you’ll find it more enjoyable. Well congrats again!

OP, there is much wisdom in this post above sir. I congratulate you sir on this life-changing decision! I also encourage you to work on your personal relationship with Jesus Christ. You mentioned that you attend CR at your church, so I have to think you at least know who Jesus is. Let me encourage you to get to know him even better, no matter your relationship today or how close you already are to Him... With the indwelling Holy Spirit, you will have a whole new arsenal of defenses to Satan's attacks. Even more importantly, IF you are already a brother in Christ, be on your guard for Satan will jump on you so quick, you won't even realize it until he has made you stumble. Nothing he likes better than to cause one of God's children to stumble and fall... If and when that happens, you pick yourself right up and cling to Christ's promise of Salvation. Just remember as in Paul's Corinthian letter he tells us when we are in Christ, we are a new creation and the old things are passed away.. Satan has a way of reminding us just the opposite! Stay focused one step at a time, one day at a time and you are always "recovering"... it is a process.

I will pray for god's wisdom and strength for your walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
                            Congrats to you! About 18 years ago I put myself through my own detox program to rid my life of meth and heroin, and while it was not easy I won that battle. Since then I have gone in and out of issues with drinking and while most of the time I am well in control of it, the few times that I am not I have considered ridding my life of it as well. Like others have said, none of this is possible without the power of the lord and a praying mother in my case. I know the lord has a purpose for me because I should be dead or in prison, but he keeps fighting for me and pursuing me. My heart breaks for people that struggle with addiction but I know a God that is greater and can break the curse.
                            Wow, you detoxed from those on your own?!?! That take some serious will power from what I have heard.

Through God, anything is possible!

Comment

Keep on the path to sobriety my friend!

Comment

TSnow, that's a good step in the right direction. Congrats on a sober life.

Comment

Working...
                                X