Confessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confessions

I once was able to knock off work early.

Was so dam excited, I grabbed all my hunting gear so I thought.

I loaded up and got to my lease. I got out the SUV, went to gear up, and discovered. I did not bring my arrows. ***. How the heck can you bow hunt and now have arrows.

I drove home in defeat.

Whew, that felt good to get off my chest.

Has not happened again.

What do you got?

Yeah I forgot my arrows once forgot my release on a trip to New Mexico (not a lot of archery shops around the Apache reservation) left my pack in my truck when I got in a guides truck in Wyoming chasing antelope on a bear hunt in Saskatchewan my bow case and another hunters bow case got mixed we were luckily both lefties and close in draw length and weight (we didn’t shoots bears with the other guys bows that night) in North Dakota I forgot my lunch on an all day sit that was probably the worst

Comment

I had to wipe with my socks in the field before because I forgot to bring TP.

On two separate occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post

I have left several pairs of socks in the woods over the years for the same reason

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post

Your front Blue jean pockets will work if you don't wanna use the socks or need some extra clean up.

Comment

Dang man this thread went from forgetting sumthin to chitting sumthin

Comment

Did the same thing and left my rifle one time. I got lucky someone in camp had a backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                Hey I forgot TP, that qualifies.

Comment

Forgot my bag of hunting clothes one bow season, I borrowed another lease members 5’8” clothes the best I could...I’m 6’8”

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    Can't slip nothing by you, now I know how you got your name

Comment

Forgot my boots once. Only time I ever hunted in flip flops n socks.

Comment

Grew up in PA and when I was 16 went to a good piece of public land, yea first truck here I'm getting the good wooden tree stand. Look down at my arrows and all field tips. @#%& drive back home get back to the public after daylight and 4 trucks there. So I walk to a funnel area and stand on the ground, 15 min later two 8 points walk by and I hose one of them. Man that was cool.

Comment

Dove opener one year. We had a lease outside Coleman. I wore my shorts, t shirt and croc flip flops on ride down. Next morning realized I forgot boots!!!

Wore flip flops in cactus and mesquite thorns, dust and all. I looked homeless every day... but I killed a lot of birds

Comment

I used to never carry a wallet on me, bad for my back while driving. I had a 3/4 ton truck for work, and an Excursion for play. Yep, went to Ballinger without my wallet, not once, but twice. One time, I got my son to bring it to me as he was coming that night but hadn’t left yet. The other time I just got a replacement at Wally World and threw the old one away when I got home.

Comment

I left my release once. I luckily had brought a rifle with me as a back up. I ended up hunting in my gun stand. I made a 130 yard shot on a 144" 10 pointer. The bad news is he was standing 15 yards from my bow blind when I shot him

Comment

Working...
                              X