• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Buck!

Comment

Nice 8 TheHammer!

Comment

Making my first hunt of the season this afternoon. Luckily I have a favorable wind direction for one of my better stands thanks to the front. Community scrape under the same tree for the past 6 years was remade about 10 days ago by a long horn spike. The bigger bucks will usually start hitting it about this time every year. They have to pass my stand either coming or going.
        FYI, mosquitoes are bad in southern Polk county too. Thermacell take me away!

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
          Disclaimer: Our rut is last week of October, first week of November but....

Last night on covert I had 2 does on the hand corn, buck came in from left with nose down ran them off. Came cruising back by 8 minutes later. They are moving around out there getting warmed up.
          Bucks have been ready for about 2 weeks here in Liberty county. Does are not quite there yet. Between now and next full moon should be prime.

Comment

Got a few decent ones..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1800.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	24595454Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1808.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	24595455

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
              Bucks have been ready for about 2 weeks here in Liberty county. Does are not quite there yet. Between now and next full moon should be prime.
              I've got 4 bucks right now on hand corn on my covert. The biggest buck has broken off from the group, but the rest are still running in 2+ groups
              Last edited by EastTexasMan; 10-09-2019, 06:48 AM.

Comment

It is getting close for me. I am off October 12th through 15th to hunt my place in Anderson County. This is going to be the first hunt of the season for me. I put up a few new stand locations this summer in the creek bottom with Oak patches and trails everywhere. I've had some nice old mature 8's on camera but i know there are bigger deer in the area so I'm going in with no expectations and as of right now no Target buck. I will be back October 25th through 29th. I cant wait to get out there an see what new is on my cameras. If there is anyone that would like to meet up for lunch or even a beverage hit me up.

Comment

Originally posted by ETXHorseApple View Post
                  It is getting close for me. I am off October 12th through 15th to hunt my place in Anderson County. This is going to be the first hunt of the season for me. I put up a few new stand locations this summer in the creek bottom with Oak patches and trails everywhere. I've had some nice old mature 8's on camera but i know there are bigger deer in the area so I'm going in with no expectations and as of right now no Target buck. I will be back October 25th through 29th. I cant wait to get out there an see what new is on my cameras. If there is anyone that would like to meet up for lunch or even a beverage hit me up.

What part of Anderson are you hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In just going right out on a limb here but between now and Monday some whoppers will fall.

Comment

I had a thread on this hunt but figured I'd put some pics on here for my East Tx brothers. Got this guy in Houston County Tuesday evening at last light. He's was a 6.5 yr old that I've been hunting hard and trying to get patterned on a small 160 acre old family farm with lots of pressure on adjacent properties. I was blessed that it all worked out.

Name:	Screenshot_20191009-012543_Gallery.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	24595526

Name:	Screenshot_20191009-010753_Gallery.jpg
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	24595527

Name:	Screenshot_20191009-010721_Gallery.jpg
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	24595528

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                        Good Lord.

Is that your bow lease? Or the new place in HoCo?
                        Yep, bow lease. I hunted twice for him this week. He came in once 25 min after I got out of stand and he was at one of my other stands 3am the other morning.

I will be up hunting my Houston County place tomorrow afternoon. I got a couple deer up there heavy on my mind.
                        Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                        Was lucky enough to arrow a nice mature 8 last night in Rusk county. I have 3 years of history with this deer. The rage trypan ate him up and he fell within 40 yards. Only my 2nd deer to ever watch fall. You just can’t beat bowhunting!

Good luck to everyone this fall.

That's a dagger right there...helluva buck and congrats!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well my plans for the weekend changed- for the better- so I’ll be in the stand tomorrow afternoon and Saturday morning. After my hunt Tuesday I am stoked.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                            What part of Anderson are you hunting?

I am in North East Anderson County. OUtside of Frankston on Sugar Mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              In just going right out on a limb here but between now and Monday some whoppers will fall.
                              I agree! I really hope I am one that connects but aren't we all. hahahaha

Comment

Been raining since about 5. I'm about to head up the hill for a sit. Trying to catch a break in the rain

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X