No announcement yet.

My surf sharking trip of a lifetime...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job Poco, I sure miss living in Corpus. It made it a lot easier to fish PINS than living in Houston. Those Avets are nice, I've been switching out all my shark reels to Avets. Just can't beat that drag when you really need to winch one in.

Comment

Awesome fish. Thanks for sharing and congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdawg View Post
        Good job Poco, I sure miss living in Corpus. It made it a lot easier to fish PINS than living in Houston. Those Avets are nice, I've been switching out all my shark reels to Avets. Just can't beat that drag when you really need to winch one in.

Yes sir. I have many of them now with zero issues so far. The hammer put my 80w trx to the test. I had about 70-80lbs of drag on 200-250lb braid. It handled it well putting it on the sand in 45 min.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Ray! Those are some monsters!

Comment

Just absolute monsters.

Comment

WOW!!! That is awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Poco View Post
                Yes sir. I have many of them now with zero issues so far. The hammer put my 80w trx to the test. I had about 70-80lbs of drag on 200-250lb braid. It handled it well putting it on the sand in 45 min.

45 min? That's impressive! I've caught sharks not nearly as big on some 12/0 and 14/0 senators and they were more like 1 to 2 hours before they hit the sand. That 80 is a beast!

Comment

Ray, what do you figure a shark like that hammerhead would weigh?

Comment

Wow

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BDD2C7CF-A590-4DF0-8D65-92FAAD5160B1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	24540162

Awesome pics and story, thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Wow, that Hammer is a stud!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdawg View Post
                          45 min? That's impressive! I've caught sharks not nearly as big on some 12/0 and 14/0 senators and they were more like 1 to 2 hours before they hit the sand. That 80 is a beast!

A regular 80w is a beast but a 80w trx is a monster. It’ll put out 100lbs of drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Ray, what do you figure a shark like that hammerhead would weigh?

According to a standard shark weight formula we use its estimated at 500lbs but we all think it was way heavier.

Comment

Congrats on an awesome trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Poco View Post
                                According to a standard shark weight formula we use its estimated at 500lbs but we all think it was way heavier.

I had that hammerhead at a MINIMUM of 750lb. Regardless hes a monster. that bull is huge too.

Comment

Working...
                                X