Vrbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vrbo

I’ve reached out to several people on Vrbo about their rental properties asking if they ever make exceptions to their no pet policy. None have responded.
    Have y’all ever risked it and brought a pet to a rental that said no pets?

Before someone lectures me on respecting other people’s property, it’s a 7 year old potty trained non shedding poodle. He goes everywhere with my parents and is the least likely of anybody in our group to cause any damage whatsoever.

Some do this for allergy issues. And everyone says Fluffy is not a problem. Until he or she is.. I have a VRBO that allows pets. I will say that some of the folks staying have the best behaved whatever dog and they typically leave with me repairing my front or back door. I don't mind as they pay for the pet deposit.

Comment

Didn’t even think of allergies. Appreciate it.

Comment

Bottom line is that you have a lot to lose if they say no and there you are with a dog and no place to stay.

Comment

My biggest complaint is. Mine is strictly non-smoking unless outside. Never fails. Will have smokers burn holes in a couch or bed spread. Pets i don't care about. But smokers not smoking outside on my gorgeous patio drive me nuts. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
            My biggest complaint is. Mine is strictly non-smoking unless outside. Never fails. Will have smokers burn holes in a couch or bed spread. Pets i don't care about. But smokers not smoking outside on my gorgeous patio drive me nuts. Lol.
            Ok I’d never do that. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by cashcropper View Post
              Bottom line is that you have a lot to lose if they say no and there you are with a dog and no place to stay.
              Yeah. Wish they’d respond. They’re all management companies so I figured they’d make an exception, but I could be way wrong.

Comment

where are you looking to go?

Comment

Galveston or Bolivar

Comment

Bad move.
                    Respect and decency aside, if you get busted you’ll get blackballed and have an even harder time finding places to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
                      Galveston or Bolivar
                      can't help you there; I know there is a few places in Matagorda that will let you bring your pet.

Comment

I have rented from vrbo on several occasions and pets are an owner decision not vrbo. There is usually an extra fee for pets. I have always taken my dog.

Comment

Not lecturing you, but it is blatantly disregarding someone else's property rules. I would never do it no matter what. I was taught to take better care of someone else's things than I would my own. If it is the owners wish for no pets, it wouldn't matter if it was a pet rock, I wouldn't bring it. If none of them respond to your request for an exception, then just try another VRBO or AirBnB, or get the dog kenneled. Just my opinion, there are a lot of pet friendly AirBnBs out there. Good luck.

Comment

It's private property. Respect their rules or don't go to that property. I know a lot will disagree, but same with concealed carry. If someone doesn't want something on their property, it's their call. We all want our rights, but too often disregard other's. Hope you find the right place to take the pup!

Comment

Some no pet policies are based on liability reasons as well. If fluffy decides to bite the pizza delivery guy or escapes & bites the little kid outside playing

Comment

Working...
                              X