Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Hole Fishing Guide Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jackson Hole Fishing Guide Recommendations?

We will be in Jackson Hole last week of September.

We are looking for a guide who offers spin tackle fishing and fly fishing.

We want to give fly fishing a shot, I have done it twice but my wife is a green beginner.

We are avid fishing folks on the Texas coast so the spinning tackle is more out speed.

Any recommendations are much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used Three Rivers numerous times, I am not sure they use anything but fly equipment but it wouldn’t hurt to call and find out. They are just across the pass in Driggs.

Comment

For your spinning tackle just check regs for the water and make sure it's not barbless hooks only or flies only and go to it. Panther martins work well for trout. You can simply pinch the barbs down on your spinners and be legal.
      Enjoy your trip and take a jacket, maybe a coat for Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
        We will be in Jackson Hole last week of September.

We are looking for a guide who offers spin tackle fishing and fly fishing.

We want to give fly fishing a shot, I have done it twice but my wife is a green beginner.

We are avid fishing folks on the Texas coast so the spinning tackle is more out speed.

Any recommendations are much appreciated!

We fished with Teton Valley Lodge in Driggs. It's just about 30 miles across the pass from Jackson. Fly fishing is EASY to pick up for a seasoned fisherman and I hate to tell you that no matter how green your wife is, she's gonna pick it up just as fast. Fly fishing is about finesse and women just seem to adapt to that faster. Good luck and have a great trip. I'm envious.

https://tetonvalleylodge.com/

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          We fished with Teton Valley Lodge in Driggs. It's just about 30 miles across the pass from Jackson. Fly fishing is EASY to pick up for a seasoned fisherman and I hate to tell you that no matter how green your wife is, she's gonna pick it up just as fast. Fly fishing is about finesse and women just seem to adapt to that faster. Good luck and have a great trip. I'm envious.

https://tetonvalleylodge.com/
          We fished with them last summer. Not cheap, but VERY nice and great guides. Would be a definite treat for you and your wife. As others have said, fly fishing is easy to pick up. I would encourage a lesson before you go to shorten the learning curve, but it really isn't necessary.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Got the PMs thanks guys I’ll reach out to both guides and websites

Comment

Floating on the Snake through the Tetons can’t be beat. Fly fishing is not hard for first timers when you are just flipping it off the boat and stripping streamers or nymphing with an indicator.

Guided fly fishing trips in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Fly fishing on Snake River, Green River and on the rivers of Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks.

Comment

Working...
                  X