No announcement yet.

Oil change prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all for DIY on most things, but I'm not doing my own oil changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      With oil prices as low as they went, why are oil changes not cheaper??
      I've wondered this for years. Figured if a big chain could get oil cheaper and pump cars through real fast one would think they'd make a killing at $50/car.

Daughter just bought stuff to change her oil for like $25 so I'd assume a big chain oil change place would pay less..maybe $15-20?

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        I'm all for DIY on most things, but I'm not doing my own oil changes.
        Why not? How much do you pay for an oil change? Just curious why it's not worth it for you.

I know I hate getting rid of the old oil... That and I can break a hammer

Comment

Yep, synthetic is expensive. Though my oil changes went from nearly $200 to around $100 this last go round. I change all filters at that time though too, not just oil.

Comment

I just changed oil and filter in my 2001 Tundra yesterday. Bought full synthetic and a good oil filter, and it was around $40. Last time i had Quick Car do it and it was around $78. Mine is pretty simple. Its older so you dont have to drop the skid plate. Took me around 15 minutes and that is with clean up of what i spilled from the filter on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              Why not? How much do you pay for an oil change? Just curious why it's not worth it for you.

I know I hate getting rid of the old oil... That and I can break a hammer
              I pay about $45 for 3/4 ton gasser. It is worth it to me. Plus getting rid of that oil is a pain. What do folks do with it these days? Back in the day my grandpa poured the used oil over his big corner fence posts to keep them from rotting. Not sure if that is acceptable these days

Comment

Gmc

My dealer does mine for free life time deal with the Truck 2016 4x4 takes 8 quarts and does grease job also. No more buying high price oil crawling under the truck.

Comment

Save the jug your new oil comes in and pour the old oil in it. Oriellys or Autozone will take it for free. Along with the old filters

Comment

I use specific filters and oil. I walk in with the parts and flip him a $20.00.......

Comment

on a 6.4 hemi that takes a certain 0w40 oil the price to just buy the needed oil and filter is close to $75. I know a couple dealers that will change it for under $100.

Comment

I have been paying my ford house originally 40 for a oil change/tire rotation and occasionally a wash, it's since went up to 50 and change and now that I've rolled 60k im done with them. Cant trust them to do everything they say they do and would rather know whats going on with my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                          I pay about $45 for 3/4 ton gasser. It is worth it to me. Plus getting rid of that oil is a pain. What do folks do with it these days?
                          Pour old oil into the jugs and return to any auto parts store.

Comment

Also makes for great trailer deck protection!

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                            Pour old oil into the jugs and return to any auto parts store.

Comment

I buy packages from my local dodge dealership and i get 3 oil changes for 75. my truck takes like 5-6 qrts.
                              They also check the rest of the fluids while they are in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                                With oil prices as low as they went, why are oil changes not cheaper??

Because they go up for any reason, but they never come back down. We all saw the prices of all goods go up when fuel prices were super high a few years ago. Did anyone notice the prices come back down after fuel prices came down? NOPE!

Comment

Working...
                                X