No announcement yet.

everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have fished the slabs didn't do that well still would b a nice trip.

Went out this morning didn't catch anything as I figured with cold front but still had fun. With a 3 month old when mama says u can go fishing u go no matter what. It was the first real time taking out the big tuna.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1962 View Post
      I have 2 Hobie kayak's with the mirage system's that I am fixing to sell. Does anyone have any good ideas on how much to ask for them because I have no idea what the going rate would be? One is a Hobie Mirage Outback and one is a Hobie Mirage Sport. They are at least 6 or 7 years old. Thanks ahead for any help.

If they are in good condition you should be able to get a decent amount. Because of the mirage drive they are going to hold their value pretty well. I would love to have an outback but even used they are outside of my price range. If you want the best idea on a fair value head over to Texaskayakfisherman.com and search their classifieds. Good luck!

Comment

I'm out at lake Brownwood for my first time... caught my first freshwater drum and I ended up getting that Chinook life jacket it is pretty sweet

Comment

Did u catch anything else?

Comment

No but I lost a jug I'm pretty sure a monster catfish stole...that's my story and I'm sticking to it....I'm gonna try more later with the kids off the bank

Comment

Had a ram rod holder but I never use rod holders so converted it to a little Bluetooth speaker holder

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                I'm out at lake Brownwood for my first time... caught my first freshwater drum and I ended up getting that Chinook life jacket it is pretty sweet

Hey man congrats on the fish. In your pic it looks like you are wearing waders, if so then I would caution you against it. Even with a PFD they can fill up and take you down. Many folks die each year during duck season by falling out of boat wearing their waders.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                  Hey man congrats on the fish. In your pic it looks like you are wearing waders, if so then I would caution you against it. Even with a PFD they can fill up and take you down. Many folks die each year during duck season by falling out of boat wearing their waders.
                  Thanks...appreciate the concern and heads up....I actually had never heard of this until a friend of a friend drowned that way. It was so dang cold though...it's one of those things were you think it won't happen to you...If I wear them again I will unbuckle them when in kayak but it's starting to warm up enough I probably won't need them anymore

Comment

Any suggestions on places to fish at night under lights in Galveston? Going in a few weeks and planning to do the family thing during the day, take a nap, and my bro in law and I go out at night to fish. Short paddle and easy launch preferred but not a must.

Comment

Homegrown knocked it out of the park. Wow what a beautiful work of art!! You actually built that boat yourself? What an awesome display of craftsmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
                        I built this kayak a few years ago. Y'all may have seen my build thread on here or TKF but wanted to post a few recent pics. It's 15' long and 32" wide. [ATTACH]781198[/ATTACH][ATTACH]781199[/ATTACH][ATTACH]781201[/ATTACH]
                        That is incredible.

Comment

Wow I glad I saw this thread thought I'd post up some pics
                          Attached Files

Comment

Another
                            Attached Files

Comment

Cjconner you are my hero!

Comment

Got a new inflatable life jacket yesterday, it's supposed to auto-inflate when it gets wet.

Kind of want to try it out and see how it works, but I don't know yet how hard it'll be to find a refill for it

Comment

Working...
                                X