Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who owns/operates nursing homes/skilled nursing facilities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just take your hearing aid out after Murder She Wrote and you won't hear the ambulance sirens....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
      It's ok if you are just looking for a nice place to stay. Lol
      Originally posted by M16 View Post
      So when are you moving in to the new home?
      Originally posted by Slew View Post
      I bet they’ll still let you look out the window and yell at people to get off the grass!!
      Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
      Lemme guess, you want to build your own so you you’ll get the best care possible.
      Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
      Just take your hearing aid out after Murder She Wrote and you won't hear the ambulance sirens....
      Bunch of commodians on here that need to be flushed!

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
        Gigem does in georgetown
        Thanks. I think I have my questions answered.

Comment

If you do build one or even more and need a physical therapist to manage therapy needs give me a shout!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Bunch of commodians on here that need to be flushed!

It’s all fun and games until you start sending pictures of their neighbors to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ronnie used to until I got him a better yob....

Imma still come visit you.

And I'll even bring your favorite Florida cousin with me!

Comment

For you funny guys that think I'm ready for a nursing home...well, I may be !

...but currently, I am on the P&Z Committee in my bedroom community town, and we have a zoning change request to consider for a skilled nursing facility to be built, supposedly a $12 million facility with 100 beds in our little town. That just seems wildly embellished, most likely to entice us to approve it for the tax revenues. I just don't think it will cost nearly that much to build, and I'm just doing some due or do (for some of you ) diligengence. Maybe they will reserve a nice room for me, too...to or two.

Comment

I just don't think it will cost nearly that much to build, and I'm just doing some due or do (for some of you ) diligengence.
                  I think of TBH it's spelled doo.

Comment

For you funny guys that think I'm ready for a nursing home...well, I may be !

..but currently, I am on the P&Z Committee in my bedroom community town, and we have a zoning change request to consider for a skilled nursing facility to be built, supposedly a $12 million facility with 100 beds in our little town. That just seems wildly embellished, most likely to entice us to approve it for the tax revenues. I just don't think it will cost nearly that much to build, and I'm just doing some due or do (for some of you ) diligengence. Maybe they will reserve a nice room for me, too...to or two.
                    How many square feet is the facility? How big is the parcel?

100 beds X 200+ sq ft. per room, plus hallways, nursing stations, kitchens, and equipment rooms at ~$400 per square foot.

I get about 9.6 million.

Add in land costs, drainage, permit and impact fees, parking lots, landscaping, sprinklers, access drives....

I bet it isn't that far off...
                    Last edited by Atfulldraw; 08-08-2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Tremendous amount of regulations in a nursing facility. My mom worked for the state, and would always be talking about such stuff. That cost wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Comment

Are you looking for one that you can build for Dr Garca to work at to make you more comfortable

Comment

I did a couple of quick calcs and came up with between $11-13 million. The thing about senior care is that the common areas are huge. They have arts and craft rooms, kitchens , dining, nurse call stations etc. the individual units are small but the common areas are 50% more.

Comment

Thanks for y'all's inputs. I know that construction costs don't equate to what they wind up valued at for tax purposes. One of the newest in Longview 4 years old has 58,290 sq ft, sits on 5.3 ac, and the tax value dropped from $9.3 million in 2018 to $9.0 million in 2019 to $6 million in 2020.

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            Are you looking for one that you can build for Dr Garca to work at to make you more comfortable
                            The thought...

Comment

Working...
                            X