Coon invasion at the house :eek:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coon invasion at the house :eek:

Have Cudde camera on trap I have set for pigs and this morning I got the usual 6am textof last nights pics.

I thought I had a pen full of pigs but when I zoomed in it was coons, 13 that I could count and possibly a few more.

I knew there was a family of them and had intentions of thinning them this winter.
    Looks like this afternoon I will be setting all 5 of my DP traps around the pig trap in an effort to thin the dang coons

I have seen the pics on here from various people with a swarm of coons on the feeder but never thought I would have that problem

I will post a pic tonight

More worried about a distemper or rabies outbreak than a bunch eating all my corn too

Get on 'em. Those critters can pull at the solar panels, bend the spinner plate. cause all kinds of havoc. If you have a whole squad of them. Set as many traps as possible and bring lots of 22's

Comment

My house is covered up with them, wish I was there to trap them, wife is trying her best with the live trap but no luck so far.

Comment

I had this problem at one of my feeders here at the house recently. Good luck on trapping them. Over the last 4 to 5 weeks I have eliminated 16 the old fashioned way. I am still hesitant on using the dog proof traps because I have a couple feral cats outside that are varmint killing machines. Still concerned they would get into these type traps.

Comment

They got into mine here at the house. Tore up a solar panel, pulled the cover off and flung, I say FLUNG a new 12 volt battery out and broke off one of the studs in doing so. I had an old solar controller, wire and all the fixin's, so I rigged up a hot wire and ran it around the legs. Oh, and I personally know it works. No problem since.

Comment

Brace yourself, in a couple of months there's gonna be more! All the youngsters are gonna get booted and looking for a place of their own, anywhere there's a free handout will be a major attraction.

Comment

Killed 5 a few weeks back while waiting on the pigs to show up. Had to sneak back to my truck to get refilled with air b4 the pigs showed. That .457 leaves a big hole in them!!

Comment

[ATTACH]1013869[/ATTACH]

Comment

You need to get out there with a shotgun and get them.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                    [ATTACH]1013869[/ATTACH]

oh **** that's gonna be fun with those traps. Give em hell and don't forget to post them in the coon carnage thread!

Comment

Yaaaa. Those need to go...

Comment

Off to a good start

Click image for larger version

Name:	coon1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	24625690

Comment

The pelts are not worth anything but you can make a pretty penny selling the meat..

Comment

Got 4 in last couple weeks in yard at home...Duke Dog Proof Foot-Hold Animal Trap For Raccoons ...did it ..

Oh yes get tool to cock or make one you will thank me later...

Comment

I enjoy shooting coons far too much to use traps haha that would keep me entertained for a few nights!

Comment

Working...
                              X