No announcement yet.

everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke the bank and bought this BOAT lol Old Town Sportsman AutoPilot 120, Hummingbird Helix 7 Mega w down/side imaging and GPS. Nothing needed to add to it except seat time and fish! idk if i would call it a kayak, but im gonna say first time out on it and I am absolutely HOOOOKED!!(no pun intended) lol me and hully1029 will be out finding fish!
    Attached Files

Comment

I’ll give ya props for calling it a boat, it started out as a kayak but that thing has more electronics then the first space shuttle!!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Went this morning for a couple hours.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Went too POC the other day, camped at Bogie and found a few tailing reds and this loner

Comment

Anyone been fishing lately ?

Comment

Went on a small slice of heaven in the Texas Hill Country yesterday with a buddy and caught over 70 bass between the two of us with my largest being 4 lbs 5 ounces.

Comment

Howdy TBH kayakers! Wondering if any of y'all have done the lower pecos trip before?

I did the Devils this last summer and am setting my sights on the pecos for spring 2022. I know that pecos is a little more technical with the rapids and even more remote than the devils, so I will need a bigger kayak that can fit more gear. I currently have a 10.5 footer which is fine for lakes, but when you add 50 pounds of gear and take on some water in the rapids (kayak doesnt drain when loaded down) I was sitting really low. Basically paddling a submarine at some points!

I have been looking at a 12 or 13 footer like a Coosa HD, big rig, or WS ride 135. I'm 6'-3" and weigh ~240 so I think Ill need at least 450 lb capacity. Hoping someone who has done the trip can weigh in on what is a good balance between size/capacity, maneuverability in rapids, and speed in the headwinds section. Another plus side of the bigger yak is being able to paddle in to some public land spots and pack out a nice buck

TIA for the advice y'all
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm looking to sell my PA14 and outback pair if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                    Bought a Vibe sea ghost 130, with trolling motor, new Helix5 si-gps, 2 anchor trollies, anchor , and a bunch more stuff.

And a trailer.

Ready to hit the water and see if’n I can not fall out. [emoji51]
                    Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                    Picked up an Ascend FS12T w/ Humminbird Helix5 G2 chirp this afternoon..

I had a field and stream eagle talon 12 before and it was okay. I feel like this is a major upgrade. Cant wait to get it out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                    How do you guys like the Helix 5? I just started kayak fishing last year and have been looking at puchasing/adding the Helix 5 with DI and GPS. Hoping to do alot more kayak fishing this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X