• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome. Looking Great

Comment

I love this thread!

Comment

Still following. Coming along nicely. Well done, sir.

Comment

I'm getting some ideas for my cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzojul View Post
            I'm getting some ideas for my cabin.
            TBH is a great place to get ideas and advice. I can't tell you how much I have learned from other threads and such. If you have any questions I am happy to share my experiences. There are a few things that I would have done different to make things easier and faster.

Comment

Originally posted by wlee15 View Post
              Well Covid-19 has been a struggle and I hope everyone is doing well. I have been lucky enough to get out to the ranch two out of the last 3 weekends.

Three weeks ago my son and I brought along my friend Chad and his son JD ans well as Andy's son Koby. Because of all the rain we focused on getting the existing piles of trees burned and clearing out other areas. First we burned existing piles, and even though the ground was still really wet it is amazing how quickly the pile went from a small fire to fully engulfed (pic1) On Friday afternoon we couldn't get the chainsaw to run so we had to stop for the day.

Saturday morning we headed into Rocksprings and purchased a new chainsaw and a ax from Lowes. When we returned to the ranch we couldn't get the brand new one to start either. We pulled and pulled on that **** thing for about 2 hours. While Chad and I messed with the chainsaws the boys decided to use the ax. There was a old dead cedar tree in a clump of oaks that JD and My son decided to work the ax on. The base of the tree was about 8-10" and hard as hell. They worked and worked on it and finally got it to come down! (pic 2) We never got the new chainsaw started but we were finally able to get the old one running and cut out about 50 cedars (pic 3) We stacked and burned those right away. After that we enjoyed a cold one or two that evening by the fire.
              This stuff is what memories are made of. Wish my boys could help me out at my place in RS. My oldest is always working and my youngest is off defending our country as a Marine. Enjoy every minute you get with your kids.

Comment

This is a great build and continuing to follow along. Awesome memories for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                  This stuff is what memories are made of. Wish my boys could help me out at my place in RS. My oldest is always working and my youngest is off defending our country as a Marine. Enjoy every minute you get with your kids.
                  You got that right! On August 8th I am moving my son to South Dakota. He got a football scholarship to play QB. We are very proud of him, but it is going to be hard having him so far away. Our nightmare is that he falls in love with a local gal there and never makes it back to Texas full time..... We told him he has to find a girl who wants to move to Texas lol. Time will tell, but as long as hes happy I am good.

Thank your son for his service from us please.

Comment

This Past weekend I went out to the ranch alone again. I was able to get the 2nd bedroom walls completed, so now the entire 1st floor have finished walls. I will not be able to go out again until August 22nd, hopefully this fall I can finally get things wrapped up and move in furniture!

Comment

Dang man it is looking goooooooood!!!

Comment

Going to be awesome

Comment

South Dakota is awesome. Is he going to be a Jackalope? I have several cousins that have graduated. Pheasant hunting is great up there.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                            South Dakota is awesome. Is he going to be a Jackalope? I have several cousins that have graduated. Pheasant hunting is great up there.
                            He is going to a Tiger at Dakota Wesleyan. I think he is going to love it there, and hopefully I can get a pheasant hunt or two in when I visit and attend games.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice!

Comment

this is awesome! nice work

Comment

Working...
                                X