2020 Rangers Official Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    You can blame JD all you want, and it may be warranted. But we don't have any idea what kind of monetary restrictions he's had to deal with from ownership. His demeanor the last couple years leads me to believe his hands have largely been tied, hence shopping in the bargain bins. I still contend that ownership got this stadium done to boost the value of the franchise so that they can sell out, but now the kung flu has put a damper on that plan.
    X2

Comment

You can blame JD all you want, and it may be warranted. But we don't have any idea what kind of monetary restrictions he's had to deal with from ownership. His demeanor the last couple years leads me to believe his hands have largely been tied, hence shopping in the bargain bins. I still contend that ownership got this stadium done to boost the value of the franchise so that they can sell out, but now the kung flu has put a damper on that plan.
      prolly right. and another miserable chapter in the Rangers' long (and miserable) history.

would trash cans help? I've heard that makes a difference in the batting averages...
      Last edited by Mark44; 08-06-2020, 12:57 PM.

Comment

The Curse of Nolan lives.

At least at old Turnpike Stadium you could be entertained by the fights in the outfield. Oh for the good old days.

Comment

1/3 of the way through a goofy season and the Rangers are a game over .500. Who woulda thunk it? Solak and IKF are rolling. Pitching is better than anticipated. Odor needs to be sewn to the bench. At least it's worth watching. Good times.

Comment

It seems like they're getting away with something each time they win...but they're getting a few Ws.

Bullpen is better when Lynn pitches.lol Defense is still atrotious.

Comment

Agree on Solak and Kiner-Falefa showing strong, so far, but don't forget Deitrich! That guy has made an impact. Three-run dinger with oppo power was the difference last night.

Comment

It seems like they're getting away with something each time they win...but they're getting a few Ws.

Bullpen is better when Lynn pitches.lol Defense is still atrotious.
                You know the saying: They don't ask how, just how many.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                  Agree on Solak and Kiner-Falefa showing strong, so far, but don't forget Deitrich! That guy has made an impact. Three-run dinger with oppo power was the difference last night.
                  After going 3 for 3, Woodward rewarded the guy with - a seat on the bench. Bad decision coach, bad decision.

Comment

My god this defense SUUUUUCKS!

Sorry, I recorded the game to watch hockey and racing.

Comment

My god this defense SUUUUUCKS!

Sorry, I recorded the game to watch hockey and racing.

So true. Plays not made tonight, plays that should have an error scored, etc. The team defense is horrid. Jeez.

Comment

Derek Deitrich and the Derek Deitrich Gun Show are an abomination at first base. The dude seems like he can hit some, but he is h o r r i b l e at first base.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                          Derek Deitrich and the Derek Deitrich Gun Show are an abomination at first base. The dude seems like he can hit some, but he is h o r r i b l e at first base.
                          I’m still trying to figure out why they signed him. Was it for his bat?
                          Anybody else get frustrated with the constant revolving lineup?

Comment

I think they signed Deitrich as an alternative at second base. That fact that he's playing first base tells us how bad the situation is at first base. A revolving lineup is usually a sign of team that just isn't that great. I guess we'll see what happens. I'm really surprised they've been able to hang around as a .500 club. We'll see....

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                              I think they signed Deitrich as an alternative at second base. That fact that he's playing first base tells us how bad the situation is at first base. A revolving lineup is usually a sign of team that just isn't that great. I guess we'll see what happens. I'm really surprised they've been able to hang around as a .500 club. We'll see....
                              I havn't watched super close, and I don't even know some of the guys on the roster, but surely we can find someone to play right field and put Gallo on 1st? They seem to have 3 or 4 options at 2nd base, but Odor still gets the call...? I know they payed him, but it aint working...set him down!

Comment

The only thing i can figure is that Odor got the ownership group drunk when they signed him to that big contract, and he has some very compromising pictures of the old rich white guys with that horse they gave him. That's the only thing that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X