No announcement yet.

The 2021 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

number 2 sounds sweet, but with me getting ready to bring you 2 700 actions to make twins out of I may be out of gun money this year. That 22 though may be too hard to pass up.

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post

#3- I like the idea, would there be an option for 17hmr?
      Thats about the only way Id be in for this go.

Unless another classic hunter, maverick or ranger style came about.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
        I like this.
        Me too! I'd also be interested in #3 as everybody needs a .22 (or several), and having one super accurate would be lots of fun to shoot.

With the APR packages intro'd this year, there is little white space left between the offerings.

Comment

Finally back to work so maybe this year I can swing it.
          But I’m in the classic hunting style or lightweight group.

Comment

So i'll expand and describe what i was looking at building myself with prefit parts. I guess if I was going to have APR do a build for me it would be a 300wm, 7mm, or 300prc with a carbon barrel in a manners adjustable carbon stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
              My idea is as stated above in a post but not in line with the 3 options.

Def An-Ti
              Muller or Proof barrel
              AG stock in apr hunter

You could throw the chasis stock as an option as well. I dont know too much about a light weight chasis but that part sounds interesting.

What's the maximum internal mag length on the chassis?
              Will a chassis accommodate WSM sized rounds?
              Is the chassis DBM only?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
              This one may have legs. We have a carbon fiber version of the APR contour that will will work in that stock now!

Comment

I've been patiently waiting on this thread for awhile, not that I "need" another rifle, but my addiction and the struggle are both very real, lol.

I also have had this in mind as a good mountain rifle option for old guys like me who still like to get up high on the hill, and I think perhaps a 6.5 PRC (or other more efficient short bbl big game cartridge choice?) would be good. Prove me wrong:

"Idea #2 - Dont know what to call this concept, but it's been on my radar for a minute. Ultra light and compact folding Chassis short barreled rig. I envision this thing in a compact folder with a 16"-18" carbon fiber barrel, ultralight action chambered in a few select s/a cartridges. Basically a full time suppressed, packable lightweight rig."

Comment

Even though chances are I'm out of the game this year below is the next build I want to do. Might be something y'all could tweek into something everyone likes. It’s kinda a cross between a somewhat long range bench gun but still good for a Texas deer blind.

Stock- AG adjustable Hunter or AG Chalk Branch - Heavy Fill
                  Action- Defiance Tenacity.
                  Trigger- Trigger Tech Special set between 1 and 1.5lb
                  Barrel- Bartlein, Rock Creek, or Muller works cut rifled 26” Sendero Contour
                  Bottom Metal- APR or ???? I like that the BDL is flush with the bottom and nothing to hang up on, but I also like the idea of a magazine. Is there a BDM that is flush with the bottom with a small 2 or 3 round magazine for hunting but could switch to a larger magazine for other uses like at range?
                  Caliber- 280AI throated long 1:8 Twist.
                  Last edited by ColinR; 12-11-2020, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                    This one may have legs. We have a carbon fiber version of the APR contour that will will work in that stock now!

Comment

Originally posted by Outtaluck View Post
                      If #3 happens, what are you thinking as far as the action? Vudoo, rimx, begara or a CZ? Thanks.
                      Man, it's going to be hard to look past a modified Begara barreled action for the base of the build when considering price and performance. We have done a couple dozen of them with the same results so far. When we are done with them, they give up almost nothing to a vudoo. 700 footprint and the barrels are pretty darn good. We re-chamber them with a custom reamer and headspace to Lapua/SK ammo. Turns them into a different beast. Here's some 80 yard indoor groups shot with SK long range when playing with the tuner.

Comment

Man, it's going to be hard to look past a modified Begara barreled action for the base of the build when considering price and performance. We have done a couple dozen of them with the same results so far. When we are done with them, they give up almost nothing to a vudoo. 700 footprint and the barrels are pretty darn good. We re-chamber them with a custom reamer and headspace to Lapua/SK ammo. Turns them into a different beast. Here's some 80 yard indoor groups shot with SK long range when playing with the tuner.

I like it!

Comment

I would like to do a lightweight varmint LR rifle. I don't personally like the idea of a chassis.

Comment

Comment

#2 would be a great rig.

Comment

McWalnut with a AnTi and 16.5” CF barrel. That would be the bomb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X