James Daughtrey Gun Deer Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    Just saw on FB that someone got this buck! Scored 167.
    Yup! Not at liberty to divulge. He is trying to get his account set up to tell the story!

Comment

I saw this buck at JD last year. I believe he shares the same genetics as the big 3 beam buck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
        Yup! Not at liberty to divulge. He is trying to get his account set up to tell the story!
        Man what a great time. Sam has been awesome and thanks to Slick8 and .270 for some helpful information!

Sam said this buck hadn’t been seen since the hunt after their management hunt in December. I saw a nice 10 out of that blind on first night, but let him walk in hopes of seeing this guy (Boy, I’m glad I made that otherwise dumb decision). Last night it was windy as heck the whole hunt, finally the wind died down some and a few does showed up around 5:45. Then a young buck came out so my hopes lifted a little, but still wasn’t optimistic anything would happen. Glanced back again and there was this one. After what felt like forever, he finally separated enough from the other deer so I could get off a shot with 20 minutes to spare. Looking back, maybe a good thing that it took a little bit so I could calm down. Took the shot at 225 yards to the west and he went into brush for about 40 yards where we found him. A night I will never forget!

Please send best wishes for the rest of my hunt party to get something today or tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by DropTine12 View Post
          Man what a great time. Sam has been awesome and thanks to Slick8 and .270 for some helpful information!

Sam said this buck hadn’t been seen since the hunt after their management hunt in December. I saw a nice 10 out of that blind on first night, but let him walk in hopes of seeing this guy (Boy, I’m glad I made that otherwise dumb decision). Last night it was windy as heck the whole hunt, finally the wind died down some and a few does showed up around 5:45. Then a young buck came out so my hopes lifted a little, but still wasn’t optimistic anything would happen. Glanced back again and there was this one. After what felt like forever, he finally separated enough from the other deer so I could get off a shot with 20 minutes to spare. Looking back, maybe a good thing that it took a little bit so I could calm down. Took the shot at 225 yards to the west and he went into brush for about 40 yards where we found him. A night I will never forget!

Please send best wishes for the rest of my hunt party to get something today or tomorrow!
          Congrats! Awesome buck!

Comment

Congrats DT12. That's a helluva buck.

And for only $133

Comment

Working...
            X