Help with Chinese carb on my 4 wheeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Chinese carb on my 4 wheeler

I finally bought a carburator for my old 4 wheeler, I am pretty sure I have it all hooked back up right except the electrical plug that comes off the bottom. The connector is different than what was on the stock carb so it won't connect...what does that do? Any chance it will run without it? If not I guess I can try to cut and reconnect it?

It's a 2006 rancher 350es

Thanks

electric choke?

Comment

Fuel shut off valve. Solenoid to cut the flow in case of roll over.

Comment

The non energized state is 'closed'. Power from the ignition relay should open it. (listen for a click and whirl, if it is an electric fuel pump.) So it likely will not flow fuel when not connected. However, it is a simple 12v circuit and getting power to the post on the carb is all that is necessary. Connectors are nice, but can be worked around.

Comment

It is called an "anti-afterfire solenoid". It shuts off fuel flow if there is no power from the ignition. It's purpose is to prevent backfiring. If you don't connect power to it you WILL NOT get fuel. You could try to redneck engineer the connection but you have to connect the wire to it.

Comment

Thanks fellas, I'll see what I can do this weekend

Comment

Some four wheelers have carb heaters on them designed for cold weather running.
              Not saying that is what this is, not sure on that particular model.

Comment

Can you take the plug out of the bottom of the old carburetor and use it in the new one? That’s what i did on my Kawasaki prairie 300 it had the carb heater on it.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
                  Can you take the plug out of the bottom of the old carburetor and use it in the new one? That’s what i did on my Kawasaki prairie 300 it had the carb heater on it.
                  I'm gonna try to figure it out this weekend, ran out of time last night with Halloween.

Comment

Fuel shut off or heater both easy to get around...

Comment

A match...

Comment

Working...
                      X