Do you volunteer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you volunteer?

I know that we are blessed over and abundantly...I was wondering if any of you all volunteer your time in service to community?

I am compiling a list of places that people are passionate about and can’t think of a better place to ask here.

Thanks

We come together as a church every few months and instead of a Sunday service we do what we call a “crossover” and go volunteer in the community. Sometimes it’s mowing yards, painting etc...

Comment

I am a big supporter of Ducks Unlimited. Our chapter helps other community organizations such as local rotary and our local FFA program.

Comment

I used to help run a non profit that took wounded and disabled vets out on hunts and fishing trips. It ended up a ba*tard of the original vision so I stepped away.
        Now I do it on my own, out of my own bank account for funding. Not as big or fancy as they were but.....it still gets done. If you can only help one person, help that one person

Comment

I have in the past ( VFD ) but not in 2 years. Probably need to make time.

Comment

Timely post![emoji6] We were just discussing our bandwidth of time and resources.
            Yes, waaay more than we had even planned to answer the question.[emoji6] Helping, giving back, supporting, advocating in the educational realm is our focus as a family and as small business owners.
            We deaux believe, live greatest rewards comes from serving others!
            I will give this a geaux:[emoji848]
            -Two University Advisory Boards
            -Trustee, of a University Foundation
            -Assistant Director, Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo
            -SCI Chapter President & serve on two Global Committees
            -Board Member, Greater Houston Restaurant Association
            -713 Ministries Board Member
            -Advisory Board Member of Texas Agricultural Lifetime Leadership Program (TALL)
            -Chairman of the Council of Agriculture, Research & Teaching for the Southern Land Grant Universities.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Part of a group from church that builds two wheelchair ramps per month year round.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Part of a group from church that builds two wheelchair ramps per month year round.
                Could you elaborate some more on this, please? How do you find people that need ramps built? Does the church fund the costs?

Comment

Little league baseball coach.

Comment

Yes, 15-20 hours per month in various roles.

Comment

Houston Rodeo

Comment

I run a nonprofit community foundation. Also volunteer as an advisor to many NP boards

I have been volunteering in various capacities for 35 years.

Comment

Following and a bump for a great thread.
                          My wife and I have been looking for something to be a part of outside of what we do at church and are considering make a wish, but need to investigate more.
                          I’m a retired Shrine Clown and had a lot of fun doing that, but things somewhat changed when the HIPPA rules started kicking in and you couldn’t make as many visits to people like we did in back in the day....

Comment

Little league, pee wee football, and 4h. I do it for my because my kids are in it now, but did it in my 20s also, before I had kids.

Comment

I work in the 501C3 world. Jobs training for youth and young adults. Conservation jobs focused. Not on the activism end. We put allot of folks to work with NPS, State agencies, city jobs and wildfire. I get to engage allot of public volunteers throughout the year and it is always amazes me just how many civic minded folks are out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X