No announcement yet.

Lighted nocks: Pros/cons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they're really all about the same. If you pick cheapest, the brightest, the simplest, the most popular, etc., then you're probably right.

FWIW, I've got some lumenoks and some nocturnals. I prefer the nockturnals a little because I like the switch off better than the wiggle off. Blue is my favorite. It looks like Obi-Wan instead of Darth Vader.
    Last edited by JimboBurnsy; 12-28-2014, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
      If you can enter a deer in P&Y, why would that be a con?

P&Y allows them now.

Meant "can't" not "can". Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Nocturnals here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
          What's your thoughts on them?
          Bought 6- half green half red
          I like them. Did not notice a change in arrow flight but I'm not a bow technician type, just an avid hunter.

Comment

I have tried lumenoks and nocturnals, lumenoks won me over. Ive never had one not come on, had one stay on for 30+ hours, and they are easy to turn off. As far as "best", well thats whatever you want to call "best", your choice.

Comment

I use the afterburns. Get em on ebay for 16-17 for 3., i shot one deer this yr with bow. Was no doubt where i hit him.

Comment

And they work just like nocturnals^^^

Comment

Maybe but they apparently only come in S size. Which doesn't help those who shoot smaller diameter arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    Maybe but they apparently only come in S size. Which doesn't help those who shoot smaller diameter arrows.

Which ones? TGB?

Comment

I like them for the arrow tracking when it's dark. I shot a rabbit w a judo point and saw my arrow bouncing away. Never found the rabbit. Didn't have a lighted nock. Later on My buddy found the arrow on our last day at the lease.

Same guy last year, we pretty much found his deer because of the lighted nock, he had a poor shot and the arrow finally worked it's way out in some thick stuff. Would have missed the deer but i found the arrow and a few steps away was the deer.

Comment

Love my nocturnals. Really helps tell where the arrow entered

Comment

as a beginner bow hunter it has really helped me understand what the arrow is doing in flight and where I hit the animal.

I have nockturnals and they have worked great for me so far.

Comment

Nocturnals are great.
                            Pro: you see the arrow flight, long range shooting, shot placement on animals is easy to see.

Con: Cost!

Comment

Use Nocturnals, it's always nice to find your arrows after a pass through.

Comment

Nocturnals

Comment

Working...
                                X