GoPro Wood Duck Nest Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
    Babies are going to smack hard with no leaf cover when they have to jump out.... I would put an all weather dog bed or something under the tree.
    id go with a tempurpedic for sure!!

Comment

A video of her flying into it would be really awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
        Babies are going to smack hard with no leaf cover when they have to jump out.... I would put an all weather dog bed or something under the tree.
        I thought about that, but if the wind is pumping when they jump, there's no telling where they'll land. Maybe I can put a bunch of grass clippings in that area. Everything I've read seems to point to the fact that they can take much higher falls than 20'. But I still don't want any of them to get hurt. That is until they're big enough to hunt! Hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by jbird77 View Post
          I thought about that, but if the wind is pumping when they jump, there's no telling where they'll land. Maybe I can put a bunch of grass clippings in that area. Everything I've read seems to point to the fact that they can take much higher falls than 20'. But I still don't want any of them to get hurt. That is until they're big enough to hunt! Hahahahaha
          Hehe

Comment

Great video and music. Cool idea. There are game camera mounts that screw into trees/wood. I bet one of those would work. Above the hole and pointing down.

Comment

wood ducklings are pretty much cartlidge and down. The can jump from much higher than 20' and land on their feet and take a bounce and tumble. Thats why God told the hen to nest up their in the first place.

Comment

Cool video.

Comment

Cool Vid keep us posted on it!

Comment

Working...
                  X