Can deer smell hot chocolate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can deer smell hot chocolate?

Well, my son loves it and doesn't care at this moment if they can smell it or not.

Dang I wish I had some it’s chilly in Webb county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I can smell it so I'm sure they can but not sure it would matter, it may work as an attraction! Kids need to have some fun while hunting, good luck.

Comment

Yes they can smell it. Get the wind in your favor and let the kiddo sip away. Good look.

Comment

Yes, they can also hear my son slurp it and ask for more, but we cherish the time and rely a bit more on luck over skill.

*edit- Dads- this is a dramatization. Many, many hunts ended early, or striking out went into making one lucky evening sit. Massive amounts of patience, and a totally different expectations were the new hunting skills I had to work to learn. Just enjoy the time and the opportunities to make memories and teach your kids and hopefully some friends about the fun and wonders in the woods.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Txtourist; 12-08-2019, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Good stuff right there

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Txtourist View Post
              Yes, they can also hear my son slurp it and ask for more, but we cherish the time and rely a bit more on luck over skill.

*edit- Dads- this is a dramatization. Many, many hunts ended early, or striking out went into making one lucky evening sit. Massive amounts of patience, and a totally different expectations were the new hunting skills I had to work to learn. Just enjoy the time and the opportunities to make memories and teach your kids and hopefully some friends about the fun and wonders in the woods.
              Well said!!

Comment

Let him drink the hot chocolate, the hunts will always be there but the hot chocolate times will be just a memory before you know it.

With my kids I worried about these smal things. One of my grandsons that hunts with me now on occasion, we make a party out of junk food and hot chocolate. His mother thinks otherwise since she is a health nut.

Comment

Who cares if they can or not. Some things are WAAAYYYYYY more important. You can pass on deer, you can't pass on memories.

Comment

Remember, at some point later in life, your children will make decisions that affect your quality of life. Hopefully, we can leverage good memories when they choose our nursing homes.

Comment

Let it all soak in and enjoy every minute, they grow up fast!

Comment

Yep next time you blink he will be 18

Comment

if they can smell the chocolate they can smell you.

Comment

I think what alarms deer is anything they smell that has pheramones (sp?) which tells them it's something alive. Since the milk in hot chocolate came from a live cow does it still carry pheramones? That's the question for you guys out there because it's way above my pay grade.

Comment

Originally posted by djohnson View Post
                              I think what alarms deer is anything they smell that has pheramones (sp?) which tells them it's something alive. Since the milk in hot chocolate came from a live cow does it still carry pheramones? That's the question for you guys out there because it's way above my pay grade.

My guess would be only if you milked the cow on the way to the stand!

Comment

Working...
                              X