House foundation repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House foundation repair

Does anyone have any info ?I started to notice hairline splits in the drywall ceiling and walls, not I saw some separation in the stone grout on the outside! Costs , warranty, company recommendations, house is about 14 years old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try looking into Baird Foundation Repair. My buddy is a rep for them and is a fellow TBH member (OSB_Brandon is his screen name I think)

Comment

Hairline cracks are nothing to worry about and easy to patch. Worry about things separating or doors that won't close anymore.

Comment

That’s what I was thinking too but thought I’d ask here to get a grip on it before it gets worse

Comment

Only advice I have is be careful who you get to do it. Foundation repair Companies can have some shady characters. Watch for the up-charges! They are famous for doing that. Along with destroying everything in their path.

I would get a home inspection company to inspect it. If you call a foundation company they will find a reason to fix a perfectly good slab most of the time.
          Last edited by sharkhunter; 12-03-2019, 03:19 PM.

Comment

That’s the kinda info I’m looking for

Comment

I had 32 piers done in Wylie. this was about 15 years ago. There are 2 or different types pricing was all over the place. 250$-450$ good luck.

Comment

If you choose to do it. Hire them the week between Christmas and New year. They will be doing cost jobs to make payroll.........

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                  Only advice I have is be careful who you get to do it. Foundation repair Companies can have some shady characters. Watch for the up-charges! They are famous for doing that. Along with destroying everything in their path.

I would get a home inspection company to inspect it. If you call a foundation company they will find a reason to fix a perfectly good slab most of the time.
                  This. I used Olshan with less than stellar results. In fact I fired them mid-job.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly View Post
                    Try looking into Baird Foundation Repair. My buddy is a rep for them and is a fellow TBH member (OSB_Brandon is his screen name I think)

Will keep this handy

Comment

Not sure of the soil types for your area. I would think bell Piers or Steel drill stem types. Have a plumbing test before and after if you have to raise it a lot.

Comment

Sandy loam ,it’s not much just noticed it

Comment

Press pileing is the only way to go. They were using 12 in the front of the house and 20 something in the back due to soil changes.......

Comment

Thanks for all the info

Comment

Hire an independent Engineer to perform an inspection. If their is a foundation issue they will write a detailed report of what should be done. Than contact several repair companies in your area that have been around for a long time and references or get referrals from neighbors and friends. Get quotes and compare those to the report from the engineer.

I used a smaller local company that had been in business for 20+ years and was pleased with their work.

I'd recommend not being home when they start the leveling process. Hearing your home go snap, crackle and pop is unnerving.

Comment

Working...
                              X