Rut? When? Skunked AGAIN Coke County!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rut? When? Skunked AGAIN Coke County!

We hunt Coke County, Robert Lee, been there every weekend since bow season opened.

Several lease members have taken nice bucks but NONE as of this date have been rutting! And yes, we know how to recognize rutting bucks....

Both times Saturday, does, few immature bucks but NONE were exhibiting rut signs. This morning, slow and slower and no bucks, just a couple of typical does enjoying the feed.

NONE of the numerous game cameras are showing any pics of Bucks chasing does, so we are wondering why, what, too soon, too late? Also met the new Game Warden fresh out of school, great guy and he said he has not seen signs of a Crazy Rut either??

Moon was not perfect this weekend, but slow movement and activity.

Anyone hunt this area and what have or are you seeing.....I also always am observant of the "trickle runt-does in heat who have not been bred, but not even seeing any evidence of this either?"

We hunt near Hayrick mountain. We haven’t seen squat for the rut as of last weekend. Hunting has been extremely slow.

Comment

Don I hunt the hill country and this weekend has been one of the worst I’ve ever witnessed in 20 years........

Comment

O man just got here, hope it's different for us.

Comment

I hunt in runnels and havent seen any kind of a rut either. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a few day hunt and hope to see them start chasing. We took a couple of culls 8s on opening day but bucks have been scarce since then. Fingers crossed for a good week of hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Baystealth89 View Post
            I hunt in runnels and havent seen any kind of a rut either. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a few day hunt and hope to see them start chasing. We took a couple of culls 8s on opening day but bucks have been scarce since then. Fingers crossed for a good week of hunting.
            I hunted Runnels for 18 years and we saw better rut sign from about now until the second week in December.

Comment

Maybe they only run Monday through Thursday.

Comment

I hunted that area for years,and it was always after Thanksgiving on our place.The biggest bucks were always killed the 1st 5 days in December.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive been in Robert Lee since Friday. Rut is in Lockdown phase in my opinion. Deer are also doing some chasing mid day. It has been a slow weekend. Had a 3.5 10pt with broken tines nose down come through around 4:10pm this afternoon.

Comment

I have been out there every weekend. I find it hard to believe they are in lockdown in my area anyway. But hell what do I know. I suppose I could have missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baystealth89 View Post
                      I have been out there every weekend. I find it hard to believe they are in lockdown in my area anyway. But hell what do I know. I suppose I could have missed it.
                      Hell I could be wrong, but we have multiple deer with antlers broke off, does are far and few between, and when you do catch a buck moving hes in the thick, or searching, nose to the ground.

I will say this is weird, we are typically hitting the beginning of the rut entering the peak, this time of the year into the first week of December. However with the full moon and cold fronts that came through early this year, Im curious if it played a part in swinging them early.

But again Im no expert, Im just seeing signs of the lull.

Comment

I sure hope we didnt miss it. I'm gunna hunt it hard this week. Praying for the best

Comment

I hunted Nov 14th thru 17th just North of Lake Spence. Saw several bucks with nose to the ground chasing does. I shot a good buck on the 16th after he and another buck fought just behind the feeder. Tarsals were black and smelly. Just spoke to some other hunters on the place and they saw some movement this weekend but nothing that would indicate rutting.

Solar tables and TPWD graphs say Dec 1st is the peak time.... it’s anyone’s guess!

Comment

Big Porker

Last night one of our guys killed a big ole' Boar. For reference, Jonas is about 5'10".

As typical in the OP, did not see any bucks but the Hog was by himself around 150 yards +-, his mistake...Bam!

Have not seen many pigs as well this year??
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                              Last night one of our guys killed a big ole' Boar. For reference, Jonas is about 5'10".

As typical in the OP, did not see any bucks but the Hog was by himself around 150 yards +-, his mistake...Bam!

Have not seen many pigs as well this year??
                              That’s a BIG pig!

We haven’t seen any pigs either... not even on camera. Weird but we think they may be hanging closer to the lake. Again, .... anyone’s guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X