No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Target buck came out this morning but never presented a shot... still shaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Decent movement last night. Absolutely nothing this morning. Sitting in a 100 acre pecan orchard with a thousand pounds of pecans on the ground. This is weird.......

Comment

Got this 10pt at my lease in Llano a few weeks back. Was a rifle kill. I’ll be headed out in the morning with my bow.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 03GruntUSMC View Post
          Got this 10pt at my lease in Llano a few weeks back. Was a rifle kill. I’ll be headed out in the morning with my bow.
          Nice buck! We are fixing to head out and stay the whole week. How are the acorns, still falling like rain?

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
            Nice buck! We are fixing to head out and stay the whole week. How are the acorns, still falling like rain?
            I was out there week before last and there were thousands of acorns on the ground. Not a whole lot of activity at feeders. Surprisingly the hogs seemed to have moved on elsewhere. Good luck to y’all

Comment

Originally posted by 03GruntUSMC View Post
              Nice buck. Congratulations!

Comment

Well I found the buck I shot last month in the leg! He was 100 yards from where I shot him in a ravine, today was the first time I looked for him since I didn't think the arrow ever entered his cavity.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you finally found him and get some closure.

Comment

The arrow hit his leg and bounced right out and you can see where the grease line is on the arrow. Obviously it must have barely entered his body cavity and punctured the heart.

Comment

Or you got an artery in his leg

Comment

Oh man that’s crazy!! No wonder he hasn’t showed up on camera! Glad you found him!

Comment

Few does this evening. Going to try the morning hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
                            Or you got an artery in his leg
                            Its possible but I watched him stop after the shot and walk away with no blood coming out and zero blood where I shot him. Definitely glad I found him though!

Comment

Congrats 03 ! Nice buck!
                              Glad you found yours txhog! Nice buck!
                              We are headed out Tues after a morning duck hunt. Be there through Sat evening.

Comment

It's been dead on camera the past few days. Some activity and little bucks at night but almost nothing during the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X