No announcement yet.

Ford F150 issues???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 F150.142,100 miles. It’s my company pickup. Sometimes the radio goes off with a deafening pop that goes through the speakers. It’s so loud I duck when it does it. About 10 seconds later it comes back on.
    Last edited by oktx; 03-18-2019, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      Interesting...I had this sync deal pop up just now on my screen asking something about connecting mobile app just before getting home. Blue tooth wouldn't connect. I'll see what's up in the AM.

2018 with 72k miles
      2017 with 61k miles and that sync pop up comes on in waves for me (if it’s the same thing). It happens more then I care for and sometimes have to unplug my cord and plug it back in or into the other port to get Apple play to work.

OP- Can be frustrating but not a deal breaker so far. Once the Apple play goes out that’ll pizza me off lol

Also need to replace the IWE hose on mine

Comment

We will never buy a ford again. My wife has a 2013 explorer with 68,000 miles and she is constantly having to reboot her sync. Not to mention the black plastic trim on the door windows just come off driving down the road. I have had 3 ram trucks over the last 15 years and have less issues out of all 3 combined.

Comment

Too many electronic doodads in what is otherwise a pretty neat truck.

Comment

2013 f150 125k
            2 back up cameras
            2 4wd actuators
            1 front hub
            1 Rear diff seal
            1 mass air flow sensor
            1 rear window in a 3 piece power slider cracked when I opened the door .
            Cab corners are now rotted through
            Throws codes so often I've driven it for 4 months with the code reader in
            Egr valve sounds like a diesel when I start it
            Oil burning in the turbos (eco-boost)
            Other than that, it's an ok truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
              Could not talk on my phone because Sync would come in and out = could not use my radio - if I pushed the screen to change stations it froze - basically the entire module goes out and it is useless

my friends who had issues were more on the odometer screen behind the steering wheel - flashing on and off and then going totally black - different module but bottom line is there are tons of issues with Fords entire computer system and they refuse to acknowledge it -

proof of them having an issue but will not do a recall is that they are on back order on most all their parts in relation to the screens discussed above - nothing a good old class action suit would not solve
              I had this exact issue on my 2018 F150, 18,000 miles.. Not only was the part on back order, the dealership I went to only had a tech that could handle the repair one day a week. I went 5 weeks and a road trip to Michigan with a messed up radio and no Bluetooth. Considering I'm on the road constantly for work, no Bluetooth was a problem.

Just bought a 2019 Edge 3 weeks ago, the radio started having issues within 3 days. My wife took it in and they turned off the wifi automatic updates because "you don't need it" and it's causing the problem, well why is it a feature and why does it keep asking me to connect now!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                You think you got problems now ?
                Wait until you buy a goat

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

[emoji57]

I could same for Chevy based on my experience. All of my goats have been good trucks.

Not so much on Chevy. I’m 1 for 3 with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  2017 with 61k miles and that sync pop up comes on in waves for me (if it’s the same thing). It happens more then I care for and sometimes have to unplug my cord and plug it back in or into the other port to get Apple play to work.

OP- Can be frustrating but not a deal breaker so far. Once the Apple play goes out that’ll pizza me off lol

Also need to replace the IWE hose on mine
                  I didn't understand it asking me to turn on mobile app one time while idle / not driving?? I'm not a gadget guy & just use the dang thing for Pandora & linked to speaker.

Everything locked up but was just down the road...I'll go check it & disconnect the batt if still jacked up. Lotta pavement tomorrow.

Comment

I've always been a Ford guy and all have been good, but I've never had so many electronic gew-gaws as those that come on the later models. Just had the module replaced on my 2018, and yep, it was back ordered, but the posts above don't exactly make my heart lighter......

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                      I drive a 2019 F-150 at work with only 1700 miles on it and the dash has buckled and is burning 2 quarts of oil already. Going in for warranty in the morning.
                      This is disconcerting. I just bought a 2019 F150 with the Ecoboost and am driving to Arkansas tomorrow. It's got 500 miles on it. Perhaps I should check the oil!

Comment

Wow and I though my ford and my wife's were a P.I.T.A.

Mine car has a faulty transmission that ford has tried to repair several times and eats door lock actuators, hers the vapor recovery vent and purge valves. Everything else just goes out, I replace it and it lasts ok.

She has some plastic molding on her rocker panels that is cracked that ford wants 1400 a side on. No thanks.

I wont ever own another Ford personally. Sounds like we are doing better than you guys though.

Comment

I've always been a ford guy, my last one was an 11 and the motor crapped out at 130k so I switched to toyota been happy with it so far

Comment

2011 F-150 super crew 4x4 3.5l v6 ecoboost xlt. The radio just quit working yesterday. Other than that no issues.
                            150k miles.

My son is driving a 1997 F-150 ex cab 4x4 4.6l v8 lariat, with unknown miles. Broken odometer.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                              Have a 14 and every control on my dash went out. I have heat, radio and that's it. Ran codes and it appears my BCM (Board Control Module) is out. Probably not the same issue as you but frustrating with only 84k miles.
                              We've replaced several Body Control Modules in our fleet. Should be able to get it done for less than $400.

Comment

Hate to hear about all these issues...I've finally decided to let go of my 2002 F-150, going to look at new ones tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X