Need a good Cabo charter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a good Cabo charter...

There will be about 6 of us going in late July. I'm looking for a good billfish charter. I've been twice before and wasn't impressed with the boats or the tackle we had. Thanks in advance.

I just got back and we used Cabo Texas Star. We weren't going specifically for anything but they were top notch and worked hard. We caught a 65" Dorado and a Blue Striped Marlin

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      There will be about 6 of us going in late July. I'm looking for a good billfish charter. I've been twice before and wasn't impressed with the boats or the tackle we had. Thanks in advance.
      Good luck.

I went once and was far from impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alemana View Post
        I just got back and we used Cabo Texas Star. We weren't going specifically for anything but they were top notch and worked hard. We caught a 65" Dorado and a Blue Striped Marlin
        How much was it?

Comment

Would recommend Pisces Sportfishing

Cabo's premier luxury yacht charter. First-class service and an outstanding selection of boats. From elegant sunset cruises to fabulous multi-day getaways

Comment

Originally posted by Tauzin22 View Post
            Would recommend Pisces Sportfishing

https://www.piscessportfishing.com/
            You can't go by the fleet. I fished once with Pisces, and the equipment was complete junk on the boat that we were on. They had the reels taped on the rods with electric tape. It adds a whole new level of difficulty reeling in a fish with the reel rotating around the rod.

Comment

Another vote for Cabo Texas Star

Comment

Wife and I waited until we got to Mexico once and asked a local who we should use. He gave us a time and spot to meet some guys who knew. We fished 8 hrs the next day and caught a ton of Mahi on a non fancy boat and no fancy equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by swamprabbit59 View Post
                  Wife and I waited until we got to Mexico once and asked a local who we should use. He gave us a time and spot to meet some guys *he knew. We fished 8 hrs the next day and caught a ton of Mahi on a non fancy boat and no fancy equipment

Comment

We use RedRum

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                      You can't go by the fleet. I fished once with Pisces, and the equipment was complete junk on the boat that we were on. They had the reels taped on the rods with electric tape. It adds a whole new level of difficulty reeling in a fish with the reel rotating around the rod.
                      I would've been livid. I used Pisces and had a great experience. Tackle and crew were awesome. Some of the people I know went to the docks and essentially hand picked their boat. That may be something to look into if you have a spare evening on the front end of the trip.

Comment

I just got back last week, and had a great time with Redrum. The captain and deck hand were great guys and worked hard to put us on fish. I’m already scheduling another trip with them this fall to chase tuna. Their best boat/captain is the 31’, and that’s who I’ll be going with next. I met the owners and manager of the operation and they were all great, pleasant people. They make a fine margarita at their bar, too.

cabo san lucas fishing, RedRum Sportfishing is a family business that provides fishing charter services in Cabo Mexico, boat rental and more

Comment

The only boat on their website with a similar fighting chair to the one posted is the 33 foot boat from what I can tell. They seem to stay booked too. I’m looking at going in August for a full day offshore and half day inshore. The 31 had a red seat. We’re you on the 33 or 31? I know I’m just looking at website pics and not first hand.

Comment

Originally posted by youngbuck1 View Post
                            The only boat on their website with a similar fighting chair to the one posted is the 33 foot boat from what I can tell. They seem to stay booked too. I’m looking at going in August for a full day offshore and half day inshore. The 31 had a red seat. We’re you on the 33 or 31? I know I’m just looking at website pics and not first hand.

I was on the 33’ Bertram named El Nuevo. The boat I’m planning on booking is the 31’ Bertam named Redrum. It had 15-20 flags flying when we came in the 2nd day. They caught striped marlin, dorado, and sailfish that day. We caught 4 striped marlin.

Comment

Gotcha, thank you txheartshot!

Comment

Working...
                              X