Canyon Lake Hazards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canyon Lake Hazards

Never been there before, what can I expect as regarding boating hazards, stumps, etc? Thinking about a family week trip over there this summer. Want to take my 22’ bay boat to see about the striper fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No stumps that I know of. Lake can build some big waves though.

Comment

Big rocks around points. Some are a good ways from the bank too... Some areas are really bad..

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        No stumps that I know of. Lake can build some big waves though.

There are stumps and submerged trees everywhere.

I’ve seen some dangerous stuff in our cove.

Comment

Grew up boating canyon. Nothing too treacherous for the mindful, experienced boater. Its a rocky bottom lake, rocks are hard on lower units and fiberglass hulls. Yes plenty of stumps depending on where your boating. If running up river, some bends get pretty shallow, and there is definitely the opportunity to hit a underwater floater. Honestly, the biggest hazard is other boaters on a busy weekend. Good luck on the striper and enjoy the scenery!

Comment

Chasin stripers you will be on the deep end of the lake during Summer. Get out early and look for topwater from sailboat marina to ****

Comment

I heard there’s crocodilians. Photo taken last weekend.......

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                I heard there’s crocodilians. Photo taken last weekend.......

Dang
                That's gotta be a record of some kind!!
                Reckon ole boy lived?

Comment

Lived at North Park..By far the Biggest Hazard are The Boaters and Sea DOs.........

Comment

We were out there Friday. Biggest hazards are thongs on pontoon boats that distract you from jet-skiers that don’t know right-of-way rules on the water.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                      We were out there Friday. Biggest hazards are thongs on pontoon boats that distract you from jet-skiers that don’t know right-of-way rules on the water.

[emoji15][emoji15]

Sounds like I need to take the boat out….never seen any of them on Canyon

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                        [emoji15][emoji15]

Sounds like I need to take the boat out….never seen any of them on Canyon
                        Just hang out in Party Cove. plenty of them over there.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                          Just hang out in Party Cove. plenty of them over there.
                          And thats the early show....

Comment

Pretty much what Glen Says. Run the channel and you will be fine. It can get dicey up river. If you know where the spring is you can catch fish there yr round. Always cool fresh water. Jumbo shiners and salties work well. Shad are extremely hard to catch on that lake. If you are wanting to catch. Summertime that lake is just crazy nuts and wouldn’t recommend it for fishing. Great winter lake for stripers though.

Comment

Working...
                            X