2021 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
    Guy I know happens to hunt with someone who was in the room when Texas offered Tadlock. Tadlock accepted, and then Texas reneged on a few things and both sides walked away (ie. Patterson ****ed it up). There’s more to it but that’s all I can say for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let's not get false rumors started up from your neighbor's dog sitter's cousin's friend lol. A lot has changed since UT tried to poach him away ($$$).

Dude wins, has anything and everything he needs to win, from the area and graduated from Tech...AND a Top 3 or Top 5 highest paid coach in college baseball (which he was not when UT tried to pull him away 5 or 6 years ago). Don't see him going anywhere any time soon....except into the record books in LBK.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
        Let's not get false rumors started up from your neighbor's dog sitter's cousin's friend lol. A lot has changed since UT tried to poach him away ($$$).

Dude wins, has anything and everything he needs to win, from the area and graduated from Tech...AND a Top 3 or Top 5 highest paid coach in college baseball (which he was not when UT tried to pull him away 5 or 6 years ago). Don't see him going anywhere any time soon....except into the record books in LBK.
        I hope he stays. All I said was Aggies *should* hire him.

Comment

I hope he stays. All I said was Aggies *should* hire him.
          Lol all good my friend. The "A" word still gets us fired up from time to time.

Comment

ask Skip Johnson

Comment

The "A" word still gets us fired up from time to time.
              Why? It shouldn’t.....we don’t even play you guys anymore or do yall just miss chunking those goal posts in the stands?

Comment

ask Skip Johnson
                Lol i get what you're saying. All I'm saying is that a lot has changed since then. $1 million a year doesn't sound as appealing if you're already making that kind of coin now for your Alma mater coaching a Powerhouse program.

Now if he were making $300k a year and A&M rolled up offering $1 million a year, you gotta listen to them and common sense would say take the money...but that's not the case,

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                  Why? It shouldn’t.....we don’t even play you guys anymore or do yall just miss chunking those goal posts in the stands?
                  I miss the good ole days when UT/A&M/TECH all played each other. It's a shame egos got in the way.

Comment

Lol i get what you're saying. All I'm saying is that a lot has changed since then. $1 million a year doesn't sound as appealing if you're already making that kind of coin now for your Alma mater coaching a Powerhouse program.

Now if he were making $300k a year and A&M rolled up offering $1 million a year, you gotta listen to them and common sense would say take the money...but that's not the case,
                    I agree. And I hope to hell/bet he stays. Just think Childress has lost his mojo (never liked him to begin with; lots of buddies played for and hated the man) and it's time for Aggies to get a top-notch coach in CS.

Comment

I agree. And I hope to hell/bet he stays. Just think Childress has lost his mojo (never liked him to begin with; lots of buddies played for and hated the man) and it's time for Aggies to get a top-notch coach in CS.
                      Agree. Heard the same thing on Childress from ex players. If Aggies could pull Dan McDonnell away from Louisville, that would be a grand slam hire but he's in a pretty good spot too.

Comment

Kids dont want to go play for Childress. I was around quite a few kids in D1 programs and A&M was not on any of their bucket lists or school they were in talks with. Sad deal as its a great fan base

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          Kids dont want to go play for Childress. I was around quite a few kids in D1 programs and A&M was not on any of their bucket lists or school they were in talks with. Sad deal as its a great fan base
                          Ags stopped landing elite players once Deggs left. That’s another name that’ll probably get a good look at the job.

Comment

He's not as tied to Lubbock as you might think.
                            This statement isnt as far off as i originally thought. For some reason i thought he was from Plainview but isnt.

Comment

This statement isnt as far off as i originally thought. For some reason i thought he was from Plainview but isnt.
                              No he’s not from the Lubbock area, Denton, I think, but his personality is as west Texas as it comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                                No he’s not from the Lubbock area, Denton, I think, but his personality is as west Texas as it comes.
                                100%. I dont see him entertaining any offers unless it's to get more out of Tech.

Jim Schlossnagle from TCU popped up as well but if i recall, he's the highest paid coach in college baseball at $1.4 annually and in a pretty good spot as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X