Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would NOT shoot at a trophy on fence line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would NOT shoot at a trophy on fence line?

The other thread about "Shooting into my ranch" got me to pondering. Let's forget about a feeder being on a fenceline, and suppose you are rifle hunting and see a huge buck inside your fence line, even 20-50 yards inside.

Who would honestly say that they would NOT shoot because the bullet would cross the fence if they missed? I know most of you will say you wouldn't miss, but please don't use that excuse for the sake of argument.

I will honestly say I would shoot.

Barrett, what say you?

Fire away for me.

Comment

Shoot!

Comment

Pow!!!!!

Comment

Being as my neighbor is a complete arse, nope. And before any of you Mayberry "take him a pie and be nice" folks chime in, I have tried and it failed. So we just keep to ourselves.

Comment

It all depends on what's on the other side of the fence. If is safe to shoot, then I am shooting. This is, of course, assuming I'm comfortable making the shot. I'm not throwing up a hail mary by any means.

To avoid this, I just place my stand right on the property line. That way I'm not tempted to shoot towards someone else's property...haha

Comment

I cant say honestly whether I would or not. I would hope that I had enough control to not shoot, but given the situation would determine my answer I guess. If it was wide open country it would depend on the way he was traveling maybe. If I had a limited shooting lane I cant honestly say I wouldnt take the shot. Also just because you dont miss doesnt mean the bullet is still not crossing the fence line.

All this being said I would not set myself up for this situation though.

Comment

Absolutely no doubt on my side of the fence i am shooting.

Comment

Maybe. With a rifle I would try to break him down so he doesn't run on their property if they were jerks. I have a good relationship with all my neighbors now though so pow!

Comment

Shoot.

Comment

Im shooting, depending on what is behind the target. I've had to let deer walk just because I knew what was on the other side of the fence at that current location, but once they walk down that little hill I have, FULL SEND.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of factors would go into my decision. Safe backdrop, rifle in hand, I would take out the shoulders and anchor away.

Comment

I wouldn’t hunt anywhere near a fence for this to ever be an option.

Hypothetically speaking, I would not aim towards someone else’s property and shoot. Too big a risk the deer would jump off my property. It’s also unethical in my book, and potentially illegal if the bullet leaves my property. The size of the deer doesn’t change that.
                          Last edited by AntlerCollector; 11-18-2020, 08:56 AM.

Comment

If it is on my property, I am shooting.

Comment

I would shoot through both shoulders to help ensure he stays on my property and more important make the bullet lose its energy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X