No announcement yet.

smallest, weakest caliber pig kill pic thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool stuff. The smallest gun I have ever used on a pig was a 223, with a 52 gr. hollow point to the head. Anytime I have encountered pigs, I always had a gun more than capable of killing them. I have never encountered a pig while carrying a rimfire, or a shotgun. I would say most every time I have ever seen pigs, I was out looking for pigs to hunt and had a gun, I considered a good choice.

The many times I went rabbit hunting with a 22 when I was a kid, I never once saw a pig, while doing so. The ranch I did most of the rabbit hunting on, was the same one we killed the most pigs on. I have jumped many deer, some very nice bucks, while rabbit hunting, but no pigs. Something I have never thought about previously.

I have seen a bunch of air gun pig kill videos, I have wanted to add that to the list of things I have killed with my Sheridan. That thing, is just flat deadly. I am quite sure that gun would drop a pig, with a head shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cberry View Post
      I had one of these growing up, that thing was dangerous to any wildlife on our property lol. Still have it at my parent's house but it doesn't hold air anymore.
      I have my grandpa’s now. It’s had the seals replaced 3 or 4 times. I’m sure it’ll need them replaced here in a few years as I haven’t shot it in quite some time but when they do, look out squirrels and crows!

Comment

Smoked these two beasts with the ever popular 300blk subsonic at 60 yards! Remember its all about shot placement got a two for one in flip flops!

Jason Slocum
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post
          Smoked these two beasts with the ever popular 300blk subsonic at 60 yards! Remember its all about shot placement got a two for one in flip flops!

Jason Slocum
          Come on man! You know you shot those 2 monster boars with a 50 cal.
          Who you trying to fool?

Comment

just loaded a batch of 38spl 158 xtp's .. if they group, i might try to whack a pig with it

Comment

Reading all these replies proves to me beyond a shadow of doubt that a .22 rimfire and pellet guns are far superior to say a 300 BO when it comes to killing hogs. Not once did a critter escape the wrath of a very underpowered rimfire round.

Comment

9mm you say?

Probably killed 75 pigs in the last 2 years and .223 is the largest I've have used

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry for the lack of pics. .22 hornet I was gifted from my grandfather is my go to.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                    Reading all these replies proves to me beyond a shadow of doubt that a .22 rimfire and pellet guns are far superior to say a 300 BO when it comes to killing hogs. Not once did a critter escape the wrath of a very underpowered rimfire round.

Yup, me too. I’m right there with you. I’m going out right now & take a chop saw to the .338 Win mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                      i heard if you carry a 6.8 .. you don't even have to shoot , you point it in their direction and they fall over dead .. true story !

but you can't be an amateur .. you have to be a pro!

Comment

I remember one time me and dad were hunting on a hog infested lease. We had a 10/22 in the blind with us and a herd of hog comes out and he tells me “put it right in the shoulder” so it would run away, keep in mind this was a decent 120# hog about 100 yards away with a .22lr. Dropped stone cold dead in its tracks with a perfect shoulder shot.

Comment

Put a handful down with a 17. Only one I’ve taken a pic of.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7B707A2D-3B21-4158-A47B-D7F02D0EC6FF.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	517.9 KB
ID:	24649611

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                            i heard if you carry a 6.8 .. you don't even have to shoot , you point it in their direction and they fall over dead .. true story !

but you can't be an amateur .. you have to be a pro!
                            You have been watching Keith Warren videos again, I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                              Put a handful down with a 17. Only one I’ve taken a pic of.

[ATTACH]1047370[/ATTACH]
                              What is that rifle? That thing looks beautiful. Looks like it has some very nice wood.

Comment

Daughter head-shot this one with a .222Rem.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2766cropRS.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	24649618

Comment

Working...
                                X