Webb Co illegal travel routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webb Co illegal travel routes

I’m about to go look at a lease North of Laredo off Camino Columbia (255) close to midway between the border and I-35. Does anyone hunt around there? I believe this area will have good hunting but I’m a little worried about the foot traffic. Does it get a lot of activity? I’ve never hunted that far south and I’m pumped about the hunting but I don’t want to worry about bringing my kids to the lease.

I’m a newbie to south Texas. I hunt close to Mirando City SE of Laredo and we had pretty high foot traffic as the season wore on. I never worried about taking my wife or daughter to the stand, until we had a group of wetbacks walk out in front of us one afternoon. We still hunted a lot, and will continue to hunt a lot. I will just make sure we are well armed, and go from there.

Comment

We hunt just west of Encinal. Lots of illegals coming through. Been that way for years. Border Patrol is on our place pretty much every weekend. We are close to the check point on 83, so they skirt that and come through our place. Multiple trucks driven through the fences over the past couple years.

Comment

We're close to the area you are talking about. We go down 255 to Mines Rd. Then back up and in a few miles. We see some from time to time. There is a pretty heavy BP presence most of the time. Send me a PM if you want to chat more about the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it along FM255 or in along Tiendas Road or Jeffries road. You will have some foot traffic around the area since those groups travel to get around both Border Patrol checkpoints the one on Hwy 83 and I35.

Comment

Pretty much anywhere in Webb county has traffic. I’ve hunted Webb, Duval, Zapata and La Salle counties. Oddly enough Zapata had the lowest and La Salle was a close 2nd. You’ll be alright just stay alert. I wouldn’t pass the opportunity over it!

Comment

I would call BP and ask about that particular ranch
              I agree that every place in Webb has foot traffic, but
              BP are everywhere. I wouldn’t not lease it because of
              Illegals. They have been there since the 70’s when I started hunting and working in S Tx.
              I would rather have that problem than poachers/trespassers/meth trash in east Texas.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
                Is it along FM255 or in along Tiendas Road or Jeffries road. You will have some foot traffic around the area since those groups travel to get around both Border Patrol checkpoints the one on Hwy 83 and I35.
                Along 255

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                  I would call BP and ask about that particular ranch
                  I agree that every place in Webb has foot traffic, but
                  BP are everywhere. I wouldn’t not lease it because of
                  Illegals. They have been there since the 70’s when I started hunting and working in S Tx.
                  I would rather have that problem than poachers/trespassers/meth trash in east Texas.

BP
                  I agree with all of this. Except for the meth and tresspasser problems in East tx.

That's like saying every ranch in south TX has illegals. I've been on at least 10 different ranches from bracketville to Kingsville. Some have problems and some don't.

Either way I wouldn't let some herd of Berni supporters dictate where I hunted

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Was a guest on a place for years until I finally landed a spot off Columbia and down an old County road. Hunting is awesome, it was a big place and we were about 50%. high fence, but illegal traffic especially drug traffic was on the high side. Often seen lines of people all dressed in black with back packs and the last dude with a semi auto long rifle. They did not mess with us but on occasion they would stop and stare you down which wasn't all the fun. Never be first the camp by yourself and just walk into the house, chances are you are no alone. Couple of other lease folks found a backpack full of Marajuana just dropped where they were climbing the high fence, and not unusual to walk up on or a special ops type guy pop out of the brush and he was tracking the smugglers. We got off the place about 7 years ago and I miss the heck out of it even with the perceived danger.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                      Along 255
                      We were the last ranch at the end of Jeffries Road, backed up to the Los Tiendas. And yes that's the area they would come through to avoid the checkpoints.

Comment

What ever it was the last four years under Trumps leadership it will be 20 times worst under the idoits in Washington now ruining our country

Comment

Illegal immigrants and drug trafficking is a fluid thing, from the mouth of the rio grande in Texas to the beach in San Diego in California
                          Sometimes it’s heavy then it changes, but it never goes away
                          Hunt , enjoy your time on the ranch , it is what it is

Comment

We had practically zero traffic on our place in far southeast Webb county until last Fall... as it got closer to the election, traffic picked up... Now it's wide open... I fear with the DemoKrauts in charge, it ain't gonna get no better... Prior to this, I had a place with 8 miles of Rio Grande river frontage and never felt unsafe or threatened in any manner. I did however always keep my eyes open and remained vigilant and armed. I'm pretty much the same way now in this new place... Long as they don't approach me or threaten me in ANY way, they will be fine and so will I. When I see them, if possible I take pics. I then send a pin drop to the BP for our sector (Hebbronville). With a little head's up, their capture rate has been pretty good as we are in the middle of downtown NOWHERE and in the thick brush the illegals pretty much have to use major travel routes (powerline right-of-way, or roads) and BP is able to set up a trap for them.

Comment

I hunt right in the middle of 59, 35 and 44. I have never personally seen any illegals on our place, but have game cam pics and found 4 abandoned trucks that where busted by BP. Last year we saw a big increase of activity. We are on the major power line.

Comment

Working...
                              X