Dang Rage broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    I have nothing against Rage, I have one in my quiver now and shot a deer with one this year. I just don’t understand the hype.

My favorite head IQ a Muzzy 100g 4 blade. Ironically it has the exact same 2”of cutting surface as the Rage. So I did a test this year. I shot a doe facing my left at 19 yards with a Muzzy, 20 minutes later I shot a doe facing right and standing in the same spot as the first using a Rage. Luckily they ran opposite directions so the tracks did not cross.

While the Rage did more damage to the meat there was basically no difference in the blood trails. Both deer were recovered at approximately 50 yards

Entrances

Exits
    Not a Rage user myself, but in my mind, your pictures reinforce the hype.

Comment

Very nice buck sir!!!

Comment

Heck of a buck, congrats. I could care less about which head anyone uses, i choose fixed. I will say this, i booked a guided elk hunt a few years ago in New Mexico, the only restriction the outfitter had was absolutely no mechanical heads, he said he was tired of chasing wounded elk all over the mountain. From what i have seen they sure seem to get the job done.

Comment

Regardless of broad head, congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post

But most of the hype I read is about gushing blood trails, in our experience this year on 4 deer that was not the case, in fact the blood trails were no different than the Muzzy’s

I forgot to even mention the difference in penetration....

Comment

Awesome buck

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                But most of the hype I read is about gushing blood trails, in our experience this year on 4 deer that was not the case, in fact the blood trails were no different than the Muzzy’s

I forgot to even mention the difference in penetration....
                All I see in the pics you posted are entrances and exits and damage. No pics of blood trails or penetration differences. But I’m just looking at your pics.

Comment

Yes that is a heckuva management buck.
                  Some would consider him a trophy.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                    Exactly. And if he had missed the shoulder with the Rage like he did the Muzzy then no wasted meat.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I started with fixed tried mechanical then went back to fixed blades cause I was convinced by a friend that mechanicals were prone to failure even though I never experienced it. With fixed blades I’ve never had good solid blood trails I always thought that maybe it was a bad shot on my end but with rage I always found some blood no matter where the broadhead made contact. Obviously the easiest thing to say about my experiences is that I suck at shooting and I should give it up but in my opinion mechanicals are just better at killing animals period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great buck! And I'm not gonna dip my toes in the great river Rage Debate .

Comment

Rage Broadheads are the real deal. Creates 2 massive wound holes, one on entry and another on the exit. Incredible. Every scene is a bloody!

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                            Yep sometime even before they get there
                            Hmmm suspecting that's probably because you had an o-ring sleeve faulty or not seated properly on the BH.
                            These Rage BH fly true and quiet even on a 80# bow.

Comment

Congrats on the buck! That's a toad, even for up north. How much did he weigh?

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                                Gotta love em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey you need to take that broad head back for a refund. It’s all bloody & full of gunk.

Congrats on nailing a great one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X