Show me where you would hunt...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    I would just corn the crap out of a couple of long road stretches. Down the edge of the field as well. Assuming its rifle?
    Yes sir, this will be a rifle hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
      It’s the rut so I’d randomly sit between water and possible bedding areas. And I’d sit all day
      I plan on sitting all day. I think mid day hunting maybe good this weekend

Comment

I'm serious. If little pressure as you think and this time of year. I would corn 500yds of road in several spots so I could sit in the middle and watch both ways. Corn it in the evening and then drive through the next morning pouring it out the window an hour before light. Might even be able to just turn truck sideways and use it for a stand.
        Last edited by GarGuy; 11-11-2020, 08:02 PM.

Comment

There ain't but one place you would find ole Garguy, right in the middle of the old indian village hunting arrowheads. Lol

Comment

I like the old creekbed in the northeast corner of the property. Climb up on some of those old oilfield tanks and snipe them. There is also a pond there. Also like that small finger of trees that stick out in the northeast corner of the field. That looks like a black top road running through field so I would say those deer probably get pop shots taken at them at times

Comment

I'm serious. If little pressure as you think and this time of year. I would corn 500yds of road in several spots so I could sit in the middle and watch both ways. Corn it in the evening and then drive through the next morning pouring it out the window an hour before light. Might even be able to just turn truck sideways and use it for a stand.

Would you mind showing us how you would hunt if it was pressured? I think I see thickets

Comment

1st pic, I would pic the NE corner near the wooded area point and crop field.

Comment

The best place like this is a 1000yd long highline right away that cuts through a thicket on the other 800 acres down the road. That's where I killed my biggest buck years ago.

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                  I like the old creekbed in the northeast corner of the property. Climb up on some of those old oilfield tanks and snipe them. There is also a pond there. Also like that small finger of trees that stick out in the northeast corner of the field. That looks like a black top road running through field so I would say those deer probably get pop shots taken at them at times
                  Originally posted by locknload View Post
                  1st pic, I would pic the NE corner near the wooded area point and crop field.
                  That northeast corner looks really good. We have seen lots of does trickle into that corner almost every evening.

Comment

GarGuy... this is the other place down the road outlined in red. The highline running north to south on this property would be my best bet for corning and having a lot of ground to see. The only thing is he has 40 or so longhorn on that place and they would probably be all over the corn.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201111_215009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	24637342

Comment

Working...
                    X