Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It ain’t just big deer that grows in South Texas!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Paul. Text me the snake guy 411. Rusty will get this one mounted. Might as well keep in local!

Comment

wow that's a huge scary snake

Comment

Awesome pictures and snake. Anyone have an idea how old this snake might be? I bet he has seen some crazy stuff where he grew up.

Comment

Contact sent Charlie...I would recommend sending him pics of the snake as I'm a little concerned the kill shot may have messed up the skin for a full mount.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaSpray View Post
            Awesome pictures and snake. Anyone have an idea how old this snake might be? I bet he has seen some crazy stuff where he grew up.
            On average rattlesnakes shed two to three times a year (add new rattles) and that one should probably have at least as many as it has in that picture that have broken off over it's lifetime. If I were to guess I'd say 10 to 12 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
              6.5 feet
              uhhh.... I think 80" is 6'8" but big none the less.

Comment

That hole in his neck. He didn't go 20.

Comment

Full mount

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Thanks Paul. Text me the snake guy 411. Rusty will get this one mounted. Might as well keep in local!
                  Yes! I am absolutely planning on a full body mount! Hoping the kill shot is repairable! Send me the info please!

Comment

That thing is huge!

Comment

That is amazingly scary. Lol.

Not a big snake fan and that is the biggest NOPE ever for me.

Congrats.

J

Comment

Mount

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                        You gonna get that sucker mounted?
                        Absolutely. That’s the plan. Here’s another reference pic I realized I forgot about.
                        Attached Files

Comment

You got him in the freezer??

Comment

Originally posted by Bourland View Post
                            Absolutely. That’s the plan. Here’s another reference pic I realized I forgot about.
                            Heck yeah that'd be about as good of one to get mounted as you could ask for. Surely that spot on his neck is fixable. There ain't skin missing it don't look like. Looks like more of a rip in the skin so I'd think they'd be able to put it back like it's supposed to be.

My buddies had one a few years ago and he had been run over and his skin was all ripped up. Didn't kill the snake but they ended up doing a full body mount on him and honestly I didn't think they'd be able to. He was tore up worse than that.
                            Last edited by okrattler; 10-19-2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              Never did measure mine but I'm 6' & could barely keep it from dragging holding it above my head...no doubt they can down a jack getting in the 6' range.

Here was his fate...our own WALKER here on TBH daughter Denies did the taxi work. I can't imagine the hours it took to wire / glue this beast together. I asked her to make it take up the smallest area she could & came out great. 12ga didn't mess it up too too bad.

That’s awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rattlebug

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                You got him in the freezer??
                                Yessir. Waiting on Charlie to send me the taxis info

Comment

Working...
                                X