New baitcaster for saltwater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reddock18 View Post
    Personally I love the 13 fishing stuff, I have a couple of concepts A, but they’re right at the 200 mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This and love my Concept C for fishing the surf.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just bought 2 of these, looking to try these out. Saltwater reels combo.
      Penn Battle 2, 5000.. price is 138. for combo,

Comment

13 fishing Inception Sport Z.

I have a Concept C and a Inception Saltwater 8.1 and they are good reels.

Comment

Buy used. I picked up a like new recent model curado on a Shimano rod for $75 Easter weekend from offer up. I’m a Shimano guy, but all models mentioned can be found used. Basic maintenance matters more than the name stamped on the side regarding saltwater use imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought my dad this lews inshore for 129 at academy. I’d buy one for myself in a heartbeat

The 13 origin tx is a good reel too

Comment

Lews Inshore 199.99

Comment

Get a gently used Shimano Curado and call it a day. It will last you F-O-R-E-V-E-R...

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
                  Diawa tatula models work great too...
                  Originally posted by jhunter77 View Post
                  Does anyone make a sealed bearing reel? What do yall think about the diawa costals?
                  I have switched over from Curado SF's to these right here... Diawa Coastal TWS... Smoothest, best casting reels I've used since Diawa introduced the split line guide PT series 25 years ago... Jumped on the Curado band wagon and liked them pretty well, but the Diawa anti-backlash magnetic system works better for me than anyone else's and for sure better than the Curado's centrifugal system.

The Coastal TWS is a saltwater version of the tatula...

Available left or right hand now...

Comment

Shimanos all the way, rinse with fresh water after use...had mine for quite some time...Chronarchs and a Citica that I started with to learn to use a bait caster....still a great reel in the 100$ mark...

Comment

These threads end up with every current reel on the market listed Good luck on your decision sir.

Comment

I use Lew's baitcasters. Take a look at the Lew's Tournament MB. My son uses that reel and it has worked very well for him. I think they are about $130-$140. It has both a centrifugal break system and a magnetic brake system. It's an easy reel to set up for a fisherman of any experience level.

Comment

I recently picked up a Lew's Team Lite Speed Spool after hearing nothing but great things about them. I have only used it once, and so far I am really impressed. If it holds up like it is supposed to then I will be happy. I bought mine new on eBay for around $170. It replaced a Curado that was a piece of junk.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                            Bought my dad this lews inshore for 129 at academy. I’d buy one for myself in a heartbeat

The 13 origin tx is a good reel too
                            I have this Lews and really like.

Comment

Lews Tournament series all day

Comment

OP, (and anyone else) who may decide on the Lew's, I've got this one spooled up and ready to fish... I bought it and the Diawa Coastal TWS at the same time... Took 'em both fishing... came back and ordered more Diawas... This Lews works just fine, but to me and the way I fish, I liked the Diawa better... I'll take a hunert bucks for it and cover shipping to you if you're out of the Houston area...

Comment

Working...
                                X