Hunting hogs in the morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting hogs in the morning?

Just wondering how many of you have success with hunting hogs in the morning? Good or bad time to hunt hogs?

I've killed quite a few hogs in the morning. Just don't hunt when there is a full moon the night before. You probably won't see crap.

Comment

I usually do pretty good at feeders at first light after that it pretty much useless.

Comment

Read your cameras.

Comment

At our place, we have never seen a hog in the morning. Ever. Not once, and not for a lack of trying.

Comment

I've seen them mid-day and midnight... X2 on reading the cameras, they are pretty consistent critters.

Comment

At the feeders. Always.

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
                Read your cameras.
                This

Comment

Over the years my "sits" for hogs have been pretty evenly divided between morning and evening. I would estimate around 80% of my hog sightings have been in the evening. (especially in the heat of the summer) I always go ahead and hunt the mornings anyway -what the heck, I'm out there, why not? The hog in my avatar came in around 9:00am
                  Last edited by jerp; 06-30-2013, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txsteele View Post
                    At the feeders. Always.
                    Same at my place. Feed them, they will come. I perfer shooting them in the mornings. Day light tracking...

Comment

In ten years on my place I haven't seen a hog on the morning, even on cam.

Comment

I've only shot one hog in the morning and that was this year, around 8:00 in the morning bout 50 degrees outside east texas. Unless by morning hunts by 12am-5am, I don't think you'll have very much luck

Comment

Feeder hunting or spot and stalk?

Comment

When it's coolers, sure.... Unless you're meaning the weeee hours of the morning, that's when I usually get after them 10p-3ish.
                            Mine hit my pig-pipe pretty consistently all year-just after dark until about 3-4 with a stray one here & there mid-day.
                            I choose late night/early morning hunts in the summer to cut down sweating and personal comfort !
                            Now winter time I'll spot & stalk during the day and sit in the evening.

Comment

Hell at my place I have spots I will run the road feeder through then come back by in 10-20min and there will be a group all day long it seems I can do that. I shoot a lot of pigs at first light

Comment

Working...
                              X