No announcement yet.

2020-2021 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our deer in Llano have gone mostly nocturnal on camera here in the past week or so. Anyone else noticing the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TSUBryanG View Post
      Our deer in Llano have gone mostly nocturnal on camera here in the past week or so. Anyone else noticing the same thing?

Yes, prior to opening weekend most of our target bucks were daylighting on a regular basis. Luckily my wife was able to get in an arrow in this 10 on opening weekend. This past weekend when we pulled cards all target bucks have been hitting the feeders during the night.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by msodolak; 10-12-2020, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Wow, great deer! I’ve noticed the exact same thing with the same time frame. Any ideas on why?

Comment

Originally posted by msodolak View Post
          Yes, prior to opening weekend most of our target bucks were daylighting on a regular basis. Luckily my wife was able to get in an arrow in this 10 on opening weekend. This past weekend when we pulled cards all target bucks have been hitting the feeders during the night.
          Congratulations to your wife on getting a nice hill country buck!

Comment

Originally posted by TSUBryanG View Post
            Wow, great deer! I’ve noticed the exact same thing with the same time frame. Any ideas on why?

Thanks, not real sure but it seems to happen every year. I was talking to a friend of mine about this yesterday. He feels it has something to with them transitioning out of velvet and their testosterone levels that causes a change in their patterns. That’s just a speculation though.

Comment

Was able to finally pull camera pics this past weekend. We have a decent 9-pt and an Aoudad that my daughter is going to hunt. Eastern Kerr County.
              Attached Files

Comment

Definitely not an aoudad. Is that a red sheep?

Comment

Hmph!
                  That's good to know then. I guess it doesn't count against the exotic numbers taken?

Comment

Originally posted by kmack View Post
                    Hmph!
                    That's good to know then. I guess it doesn't count against the exotic numbers taken?
                    Red sheep are exotics too. Just not aoudad.

Comment

I would definitely think red sheep is a lot more rare than an aoudad. I’d be more excited to see one of those than an aoudad.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                        I would definitely think red sheep is a lot more rare than an aoudad. I’d be more excited to see one of those than an aoudad.
                        For sure

Comment

We have a handfull of pics of him over a few days. Might not even be there by the time we get back out there in a couple weeks.

I haven't really seen a lot of aoudad before, so that's why it was my initial call.

Comment

Most of our bucks have still been nocturnal but I'm going again this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

He decided to make a daylight appearance the day after I leave...

Comment

So I was within 20' of my target buck...at 5am...10' behind the door of my box blind...sleeping when I walked up...so that's how my deer season is going [emoji28]

Comment

Working...
                                X