No announcement yet.

Do you hunt alone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunt alone. Public land. I send my wife a drop pin on Google maps for my location. I've learned over the years and especially getting older not to do stupid stuff or take unnecessary risks.

Comment

Always alone and prefer it that way.

Comment

Copying what I posted in the lost elk hunters thread, as it is relevant here too. I don’t mind hunting alone and I like the solitude. Carrying a PLB is just a good insurance policy IMO. It never rings or bothers you like a cell phone going off, you will forget you have it unless you actually need it.

“Glad they were found. If you’re reading this thread, consider this as a warning to get a PLB, a lot of people don’t even know they are available or affordable.

I bought one after the two teenage kids disappeared fishing off the coast of FL fishing and were never found. If they didn’t have an accident that was immediately fatal, this would have saved their lives.

Less than $300 and no monthly fees or memberships. I carry mine when hunting 45 minutes from the house. I hunt a 3,600 acre swamp, I’m typically alone and it would be a long time before anyone found me.

Just buy one and carry it, it might save your life.”

Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 12-30-2018, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Sometimes. I don’t worry about what can go wrong. But I am a little more cautious by myself.

I try to plan my trips when others are going to the lease. A lot easier loading up a deer with another set of hands, a lot less boring and I love yelling, “HEY! Grab me another beer while you’re up if you don’t mind.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you are concerned about safety while hunting alone and needing medical assistance, you may want to look into this.
            ACR PLB-375 ResQLink+ 406 Buoyant Personal Locator Beacon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006JXY0CQ..._03xkCbCYYNBEG

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonR6ryda View Post
              I have had my best hunts alone.
              X2

Comment

I hunt alone 98% of the time unless I go backcountry. Do many wrong things can happen off grid so I take a Wildman buddy with me.

Comment

Hunt alone mostly, 99% of time. Enjoy company as well, although solitude is great.

Comment

Hunt alone. Son's too young and don't have any friends here that go. Lots that think it's cool but if i didnt hunt alone i wouldnt hunt.

Comment

I hunt alone 99% of the time. I have no family that hunt and a buddy of mine just got into hunting and I've hunted with him a couple times,other than that I'm alone.

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X