Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw Hunts

Nobody else has said it so I will, anxiously awaiting the new draw booklet. Should come out in early July, less than a month to go.

I'm thinking of donating some $ to TPWD this year. Probably won't be drawn at the H with no points, COE land is still flooded or all rotten vegetation, have another spot but I don't much care to be out with the gun hunters. May fish instead.

Comment

I'm getting pretty old but if I remember correctly the booklets are mailed to the purchasers of the $48 permit with the new licenses which are usually out on August 1.

Comment

Now on line come out earlier

Comment

The new Granger deadline was June 1.
          TPWD made it a separate draw like Georgetown.

Comment

Hoping for luck this year after the freaking disaster I had last year...

8-10 points in a bunch of categories

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
              Hoping for luck this year after the freaking disaster I had last year...

8-10 points in a bunch of categories
              Same here but I'm not going to hold my breath!

Comment

Very much looking forward to the drawings. There were quite a few hunts I followed and it looked to be a lot of fun. I nerded out and made a spreadsheet with: odds of drawing, dates, success rates, methods allowed, and driving distance to each of the hunt locations. Should make for a more strategic approach by investing in the hunts that are actually viable for me to attend.

Comment

Hoping for a H draw this year(roughly a 89% chance). Made it to Aransas last year, super tough hunt, that being said may put in for it again this year. Should have enough point to pick up an exotic hunt along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                    The new Granger deadline was June 1.
                    TPWD made it a separate draw like Georgetown.
                    You had me for a second...

Comment

After many tries, we finally got picked for Chaparral last year. Boy was that a disappointing hunt. The place felt like you were in a game preserve with all its rules and regs on the game animals. You can shoot this but we prefer you don't. That place is highly overrated in my opinion. I hunted a lot of drawn hunts through the years. And there are much better places.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                        You had me for a second...
                        Doesn't matter anyway. There's no deer at Granger. Not even worth putting in for.

Comment

Hopefully I’ll get picked for laguna again this year. Had to cancel last minute in December. I sure was looking forward to that one[emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
                            Doesn't matter anyway. There's no deer at Granger. Not even worth putting in for.
                            Yep, the helo shooters killed them all this spring.

I'm not putting in for Laguna this year so someone else can have my spot

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                              After many tries, we finally got picked for Chaparral last year. Boy was that a disappointing hunt. The place felt like you were in a game preserve with all its rules and regs on the game animals. You can shoot this but we prefer you don't. That place is highly overrated in my opinion. I hunted a lot of drawn hunts through the years. And there are much better places.
                              In the situation you described I’d shoot whatever the heck I legally could. Could care less about their wishes. The new draw system is ridiculous, if I draw ever again, lead and arrows will fly every chance I get regardless of their wishes. Texas public hunt system=joke, but I’ll put in I’m sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X