Torn between Trypan and Sevr. HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torn between Trypan and Sevr. HELP

Switched over last season from slick trick viper tricks to Rage Trypans. And have had great success on the three animals harvested with the trypan, but I’ve only had one pass thru and it was a low shot at 41 yards that I had to put another shot on the axis which wasn’t a pass thru. Im getting mixed feeling with the sevr heads and considering giving them a go. Has anyone made this change or vice versa and have any feed back???

I shooting 456 grains on an elite ritual 35 with 29.5’ draw at 70lbs. In the following images on the whitetail I was shooting a carbon knight but all the specs the same. I did connect with back shoulder on the whitetail and the first axis. But still expected more of a pass thru. Whitetail 17 yards with a 30 yard track. First axis was 41 yards then a stalk up to 18 yards for second shot. The second axis was 23 yard shot with 37 yard track.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bamabreezy; 07-30-2019, 11:07 PM.

This is the axis that was 23 yard shot and stuck it in opposite shoulder as well
    Attached Files

Comment

I can tell you that I’ve had similar results and the same concerns with the trypan. I have yet to loose an animal but a full clean pass thru is tough to do. To much surface area I think. Due to the failed pass thru a couple of mine were tough tracks on slim blood trails. So far I e been lucky and thinking of making a change my self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I get pass throughs on everything I've shot with the grave digger 125 grain all steel hybrid head. 60# bow 28"
        I've killed 5 hogs with a single head, just resharpen and go again.
        It has a 7/8" fixed and 1 7/8" swept mechanical, I have yet to see anything with that large of a cut penetrate that well.

Comment

It’s odd your not getting pass throughs, your shooting a good weight arrow. Order 1 or 2 and give sevr a try, maybe the 1.5” would be something to try as well. Even the hypodermic +p

Comment

try a ram cat original head, I am partial to them bc its such a nasty cut on contact head and its all I will shoot.

On a side note where are those axis killed, looks like some cool cover

Comment

Working...
            X