Can QuestionS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can QuestionS

I'm no expert, in fact, I know NOTHING about silencers, but I've been approached by a friend wanting to buy a can, asking me to help him. He thinks just because I hunt I know my can stuff....

I'm also wanting to learn about it as much as possible.... so naturally, I'm turning to the green screen for answers.

so here it goes...

1. To create a trust. What's the easiest and cheapest way?
    1a) What's the difference between TexasGunTrust.com (charging $79 to create a gun trust and Silencershop.com (charging $129)?
    1b) Is there a difference in Trust types and is one better and more complete than the other? (we're wondering why the big price difference if they're the same)

2. What silencer type, brand, make, model and material (Aluminum, stainless, Titanium, Satellite Alloy? etc...) to buy and in what caliber? (Please be specific and clarify why.

3. Form 4 is a mad house to say the least, is there an easier way to complete form 4 or are there website like the ones mentioned in question 1a that help with form 4?
    3a) what's a form 3 for?

The silencer will be used for mostly hog hunting, up to 250 yards away, no rapid fire, but definitely multiple shots will be taken. He's wanting a durable can that reduces the sound significantly. It may also be used for WTSHTF, but hopefully that won't happen.

If the process is simple enough I may fill out the paperwork and dish out the $$$ and get one myself later.

Biden and his handlers will make you give it to them. It is on the list. bast.....

Comment

Use Texas Gun Trust. Jim Willi is the attorney backing TGT, and is highly competent, and a fellow gun enthusiast as well. No reason to pay more for the Silencer Shop trust.

As far as cans describe your uses and wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigging Cooks View Post
        Biden and his handlers will make you give it to them. It is on the list. bast.....
        That one I haven't seen? Got a link?

Comment

I 2nd James Willi.

I had a trust through Sean Cody who passed last year.

I called James who was aware of the situation and had taken over many trust from Sean's client's. Great guy to work with answering all my questions and promptly delivering a new trust.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

One more question.

Can normal ammo be used with a can or does it have to be "Subsonic" ammo ONLY???
            Keep the answers coming please.

Comment

This is who I used for my trust. They also have some great resources for filling out the paper work on the form 1 and form 4 paperwork, and lay it out in great details.

Gun Trust to Tax Stamp. The Trust Shop NFA Gun Trust includes everything you'll need to buy or build your Silencer or SBR. ATF & 41F Approved.

I have been very happy with them, have you thought about doing a form 1? For your purposes sounds like it would be right up yalls alley, cheap, easy, and quick. Can have everything done in 30-40 days and be legal and spend less than $800 for it all.

And yes you can shoot anything you want through your suppressor as long as it is stabilized when it leaves the barrel.

Comment

Normal ammunition is fine. It will just be supersonic and crack down range. Guns twist rate will usually not stabilize both subs and supers so you gotta kinda make your mind up what you want to do

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                  This is who I used for my trust. They also have some great resources for filling out the paper work on the form 1 and form 4 paperwork, and lay it out in great details.

Gun Trust to Tax Stamp. The Trust Shop NFA Gun Trust includes everything you'll need to buy or build your Silencer or SBR. ATF & 41F Approved.

I have been very happy with them, have you thought about doing a form 1? For your purposes sounds like it would be right up yalls alley, cheap, easy, and quick. Can have everything done in 30-40 days and be legal and spend less than $800 for it all.

And yes you can shoot anything you want through your suppressor as long as it is stabilized when it leaves the barrel.

Not even sure what form 1 is! I'll ask my friend if he knows. I'm not buying a can, I'm asking all this for him.

Comment

Find a gun shop with a Kisok. They will walk him thru it and be done.

From my Make Believe World

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Normal ammunition is fine. It will just be supersonic and crack down range. Guns twist rate will usually not stabilize both subs and supers so you gotta kinda make your mind up what you want to do
                      I have no idea what Sub and Super Sonic are and by "Stabilize" do you mean the gun must rest on something so it doesn't move? I think his gun twist is 1:7 or 1:8
                      Most likely use normal ammo

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                        Not even sure what form 1 is! I'll ask my friend if he knows. I'm not buying a can, I'm asking all this for him.
                        It is a home made can, honestly though sounds like you need to point him to a shop and let them take care of him there.

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                        I have no idea what Sub and Super Sonic are and by "Stabilize" do you mean the gun must rest on something so it doesn't move? I think his gun twist is 1:7 or 1:8
                        Most likely use normal ammo
                        subsonic is just the bullet is traveling slower than the speed of sound so their is no crack of it passing the sound barrier. Supersonic means it is breaking the sound barrier so it will make a sonic crack when it does that. Similar to what a fighter jet does just at a smaller scale.

Stabilized bullets will not keyhole or turn sideways after it leaves the barrel. So if you don't get the bullet spinning fast enough it will exit the barrel and turn on you, this can strike the suppressor and mess it up. So basically the bullet will fly down range tumbling and sideways instead of straight.

Comment

ATI. Twist rate is what I’m talking about. Kinda gotta pick your poison. Or best bet is just get a 30 cal can and run multiple guns on it.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            ATI. Twist rate is what I’m talking about. Kinda gotta pick your poison. Or best bet is just get a 30 cal can and run multiple guns on it.
                            I guess he know more than I do,,, he wants to buy a 308 Caliber can and use it on his AR. 5.56.

so I guess no need to worry about stabilizer bullets in this case?

Comment

What is the benefit in getting a trust vs. just purchasing the stamp and can? What I have been told in the past is that anyone that has their name on the trust, can be in possession of them rather than a single owner. Is this correct?

Comment

Working...
                              X