Rut in Uvalde/Bandera counties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rut in Uvalde/Bandera counties

I’m hunting in Utopia, and not seeing much activity. In fact, most of the bucks I’ve seen are still hanging together. They’re usually chasing the week after Thanksgiving. Anyone seeing different activity?

Thanksgiving

Comment

Usually the week after thanksgiving is the rundown.

Comment

Pipe Creek area, 8 pt running a doe Saturday thru yesterday, haven’t seen them yet today.
        (Bandera County)

Comment

Typically in Pipe Creek area, they are running the first of November, they appear to be a couple weeks late this year.

Comment

I’m in Tarpley and not much going on, but the bucks are moving a little more during day and traveling a bit farther

Comment

It normally is the last week of November and first week in December.

This weekend will be my first trip to the lease this year. But my buddies said it is just like every other year regarding activity

Comment

All of them are still batchelored up at our place but the juices will start flowing around next week

Comment

I live in Bandera and have a bunch of neighborhood deer to keep an eye on. Little chasing here and there, but not much. It has picked up in the last week and I'm seeing more mature bucks show up for the first time every day. I did see a nice buck bedded down in the wide open of the city park Tuesday morning at 7:30am.

Comment

Well, I just saw a pretty mature buck running a doe as hard as he could...I guess it's here.

Comment

Working...
                    X