Beginner Bow Recommendation for 8 yr old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner Bow Recommendation for 8 yr old

Can you give me a bow recommendation for an 8 year old? Any idea on the pull weight?

Thanks in advance

I have a buddy who just got his 8 yr old a Bear Cruzer Lite. It has a draw weight range of 5-45lbs. And a draw length range of 12-27”. I watched him shoot it last weekend and it seemed to be just about perfect for a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by matt.howell411 View Post
      I have a buddy who just got his 8 yr old a Bear Cruzer Lite. It has a draw weight range of 5-45lbs. And a draw length range of 12-27”. I watched him shoot it last weekend and it seemed to be just about perfect for a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Thanks, that sounds great. I will look it up.

Comment

Diamond Infinite Edge Pro, you can find them used pretty easy for 200-250

Comment

Depending on the size of the child, I would focus on ATA or what fits them best. The Infinite Edge Pro is a larger bow (31.5 ata) and would have been a struggle for my son at 8. Both the Atomic or Mini Burner were too small and outgrown within a year or less. The Bear Cruze Lite seemed to be in the middle of them and has been a lot of fun for my son. Started him from the beginning with a youth Trufire release which has also helped with overall consistency. My only complaint with the Bear is the soft back wall which has caused issue in arm position at times. Now at 11, I'm looking to upgrade him most likely to a Mission Hammr which is a shorter ATA bow as well.

Comment

Working...
          X